What is the first thing which enters your mind when you hear the word “shrimp”? We bet it is either ‘absolutely delicious’ or ‘my most favorite.’ And you are not wrong. Shrimp is a delicacy that can be battered or fried, cocktail juiced or steamed, and still, it will make us weak in the knees. From being extremely delicious to helping you maintain good health, shrimp is a complete package recognized worldwide.
We all have heard about the various ways to cook shrimp and still maintain its charm, but we can bet almost no one has heard about another creative way to cook this seafood exquisitely- using an air fryer. Yes, you have heard it right! Today we will provide you with information on how you can make a mouth-watering shrimp dish using an air fryer. Known as air fryer shrimp, the intricacy of this dish is sure to blow your mind.
Air Fryer Shrimp: A Bold Yet Fun Take On Regular, Delicious Shrimps
You can freely serve this extremely luscious dish at formal parties or even during an occasional family gathering, and you will be the talk of the hour. It is easy to make and does not involve any hassles while preparing. Best served with basmati rice or noodles if you want to make it the main course while making shrimp tacos or fajitas. If you are the host of an evening gathering, it will make you the star of the evening in no time.
In this article, we have provided everything you need to know about air fryer shrimp, from its recipe to some cooking tips you should surely keep in mind so that you can make the most of it in no time. So what are you waiting for? Read this article until the very end and get ready to be amazed.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, frozen or fresh, cooked or raw (peeled, deveined)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
Directions To Follow:
- Firstly, you will start by preheating the oven at 400F for a minimum of five minutes. While the oven is preheating, take a large bowl and mix the Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika until they are combined well. Reserve for later.
- If you use frozen raw shrimp, add them to the air fryer and cook them for five minutes. They are sure to be defrosted by the end.
- After that, remove the shrimp from the air fryer using a slotted spoon and dry it using paper towels.
- Then, toss the shrimp into the mixture prepared and keep on doing so until they are fully immersed.
- After discarding the excess water, place the shrimp in one layer while keeping some space between them, and allow them to cook properly. Cook for an additional five minutes, and remember to flip them halfway through.
- Serve the shrimp with your most loved sauce, alongside your most preferable- rice or noodles.
Cooking Tips To Keep In Mind:
- If you are using an air fryer for cooking this shrimp, you don’t need to thaw it separately as cooking it in this equipment will do the job for you.
- If you want to make it a culinary specialty, remember to use the shrimps with tails as they serve as the best appetizer.
- Make sure to place the shrimp in one layer while cooking it because overcrowding the basket will prevent it from cooking evenly.
- Always marinate the shrimp in the oil/spice mixture prepared for 20 minutes. This will add extra flavor to the shrimps and make it even more irresistible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1.Is air fryer shrimp healthy and nutritious?
Yes, since it contains less fat than deep-fried shrimp, it is a much healthier take on normal shrimps.
2.What can I serve with air fryer shrimp?
You can serve this delicious dish with your favorite sauce, or it can be served alongside some rice and noodles, whichever you prefer more. You can also serve this shrimp dish in the form of delicious tacos or fajitas or even add their chopped pieces to make delicious shrimp spaghetti.
3.How will I know if my air fryer shrimp is undercooked?
All you have to note is that when the shrimp is properly cooked, its exterior will appear pink, and the flesh will be a little opaque and white.