Are you looking for something filling, delicious and unforgettable? Arepa recipes are here to make all your dreams come true. These corn griddle cakes made from pre-cooked oatmeal are the perfect foods to incorporate into your regular meals. The best part is that you can stuff them with your favorite ingredients and transform them into something gobble-worthy instantly.
If you cannot wait to try out the Arepa recipes at home, let us help you out with the same!
How to make Homemade Arepas?
These are simple, easy to make, and super-delicious. We promise; you will never have enough of them.
- 21/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups pre-cooked white cornmeal
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Stir water and salt together in a bowl. Slowly, start to add cornmeal into the water and keep stirring. Make sure it is soft and turns into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into a few balls and pat each one into a patty.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to shimmer. Work with it in batches and cook corn patties in hot oil until it turns golden brown.
- Now, bring the cooked Arepas out to a paper towel-lined plate and drain until it is cool enough to deal with.
- Slice them half with a thin knife.
How to make Stuffed Arepas?
If you love a well-stuffed, juicy, and super-tasty Arepa recipe, this one is going to win over your heart like no other. With this recipe, you will create eight stuffed Arepas that everyone is bound to fall in love with within no time. You can serve this at breakfast parties and even lunch dates. We promise; it won’t fail you at any cost.
- 2 cups pre-cooked oatmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups warm water
- Oil in the pan for frying
- You can fill them with Chipotle chicken, carnitas, and even magic green sauce.
Make the Arepas by following the instructions of the above recipe. With that, you will have created the plain arepas first. After that, you have to cut it into the half with a sharp knife for the filling. Stuff your favorite carnitas, chipotle chicken, and other options as per your preference and taste. We promise; you will love it.
How to make Columbian Arepa recipe?
If you are looking to feed more than 10 to 12 people, the instructions in this recipe are ideal for you. All the ingredients in this recipe are most likely to be available in your kitchen. So, you do not have to worry about anything at all. All you need is a total of 40 minutes to prepare them, and you will love the results.
1 cup arepa flour
1 cup crumbled ricotta or grated mozzarella
1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
¼ vegetable oil
Toss together Arepa flour, cheese, and salt into a bowl. Now, add water and keep stirring for about sometime until the dough becomes soft.
Now make balls out of those doughs and make them into a thick patty. Could you make sure there are no cracks on it?
Heat oil in a large pan and add them to it. Let them fry one by one. Please make sure they turn golden-brown. Once done, cut them into halves with a sharp knife and drain the excess oil with a paper towel.
Your favorite Columbian Arepa recipe is ready to serve hot!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add my favorite filling in Arepa?
Yes. These recipes can work with literally anything under the sun. If you have a few favorites, don’t hesitate to try them out with this one. It will turn out yummy.
2. Do you have any more Arepa recipes in mind?
You can try out Nutella Arepas, Magical green sauce, and even Black bean Arepas for the best taste.
3. Can I make any dip to go with it?
Yes. They work best with any dip of your choice. We will recommend mayonnaise and cheese dips. They are magical!