Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus To Make Your Day
Can you imagine a keto diet with low carbohydrates as your snack or side wish? Well, Bacon-wrapped asparagus is the only possible answer to this, and it is crunchy, salty and satisfies your taste buds without compromising your health.
The recipe can be served as a dinner table side snack, a low carbohydrate evening snack, and a side dish with mashed potatoes, fried chicken, and cornbread. It hardly takes a few minutes to prepare this amazing dish. Let us quickly scan the recipe and other details of bacon-wrapped asparagus.
How To Trim Asparagus
Trimming of asparagus sounds so easy but is a bit difficult to do. The topic of trimming asparagus is of much debate. To trim, all you have to do is bend the asparagus exactly where the tough stalk meets the tender spear.
Since the size of each spear is different, it is advisable to take a handful of Asparagus or individually bend the Asparagus. Once the tough stalk is separated from the tender and tasty spear, you can prepare your lip-smacking Bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Method To Prepare Bacon – Wrapped Asparagus
- 24 stalks of trimmed asparagus
- 12 slices of centre cut Bacon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt½ tsp black pepper
- Set the oven on preheat mode at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fix a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
- Trim asparagus by bending the stalk and taking off the tough parts from the tender spear.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle some garlic salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- Chop the Bacon slices into narrow strips.
- Wrap the Bacon slices tightly over the asparagus stalk, with slight overlapping.
- Place it for baking with the seam side downwards onto the wire rack.
- Bake it for about 10 minutes, turn over and bake it again for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil the oven, and place your dish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to make it crisper.
Tadaa! Your bacon-wrapped asparagus is ready to be served.
What Can You Serve With Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus?
Your amazing dish can not be served without any sides, right? Here are some sides you can serve along with your delicious bacon-wrapped asparagus.
- Keto Chicken Satay
- Chicken Masala with Cauliflower Rice
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
How To Grill Asparagus Wrapped In Bacon?
Grilling your bacon-wrapped asparagus is the same as cooking it on the stovetop. Heat the grill at 400 degrees and place the asparagus wrapped in bacon on it. After 10 minutes, flip it to the other side until it is absolutely crisp and cooked well.
While grilling, the ends of the wrap seem to be charred before the bacon is completely cooked, which adds up to the dish’s taste. If you want to avoid burning your dish completely, dip the ends of the wrap in water before placing it for baking. This will make the ends steam instead of burning quickly and give the bacon time to be crisp and edible.
The Bottom Line
The bacon-wrapped asparagus is a very tasty dish that can keep up with your keto diet as it has a very low amount of carbohydrates. It is a combination of healthy and tasty snacks. For all those who are diet conscious yet want to grab something extra to enjoy, do give asparagus wrapped in bacon a try!
They are so easy to cook that even a newbie can prepare them independently. The time taken to prepare this delicacy is also less, so you don’t have to wait much longer to taste this amazing dish.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
1.What can we serve with bacon-wrapped asparagus for a complete meal?
You can serve roasted carrots, roasted green beans, candied yams, mashed potatoes and cornbread along with bacon-wrapped asparagus for a complete meal.
2. What can we do to avoid burning ends of asparagus wrapped in bacon?
The ends of the wrap are very tender, and bacon takes time to get completely cooked. So, the ends seem to burn quickly. In such a case, before placing it for baking, dip the ends of the wrap in water. This will make the ends steam instead of burning quickly and give the bacon time to be crisp and edible.
3. Can I prepare wrap on the stove? What things will I require for the same?
Yes, you can prepare it on the stove. You will need to prepare on the stove a cast-iron skillet, heavy-duty skillet with a lid.