If you are looking for something healthy and delicious to eat, baked apple is the best option for you! It is a highly delicious dessert that is super easy to make. They also provide healthy fiber and essential vitamins in abundance. Adding baked apples to your diet can prove nutritious for your body due to its high fiber content. To make it more special, you can always drizzle with caramel or served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Given below is the most delicate baked apple recipe which can truly enlighten your mood to a great extent.
The first-rate Baked Apple recipe perfect for any occasion
This recipe is for fully baked apples stuffed with brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and butter mixture.
1. 4 large apples, preferably Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty, and Jonagold
2. 1 tablespoon butter, softened
3. 1/4 cup brown sugar
4. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
5. 1/4 chopped raisins
6. 3/4 cup boiling water
7. 1/4 cup chopped pecan, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degree Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Wash and dry the apples. With the help of an apple corer or a sharp paring knife, cut out the cores of the apples. Only leave 1/2 inch of the bottom uncut. If you are using a paring knife, firstly cut out the stem area and then scoop out the seeds with the help of a spoon.
3. Now, take a small bowl and add in the cinnamon, brown sugar, chopped pecans, and raisins. Mix well until combined. Now take each apple and stuff it with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture prepared above.
4. Place only a quarter of a tablespoon of butter above the sugar.
5. Transfer the apples to an 8 to a 9-inch baking dish and pour some boiling water into its bottom to keep the apples moist and prevent them from burning. Now, bake the apples at 375F for at least 30 to 45 minutes. It would help if you baked the apples until they are infirm, cooked through evenly, and tender. Keep in mind that they are not overcooked, or else they tend to turn mushy.
6. Now, take the baked apples out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Things to keep in mind while preparing this snack:
1. While preparing this dish, brown sugar is preferred over any other type of sugar as it tastes the best and adds more moisture. But you can also use granulated sugar or coconut sugar.
2. The best apples to use while preparing this dish are Jonagold, Rome Beauty, Granny Smith, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, and Golden Delicious.
3. You should never prepare and bake these apples ahead of time and serve later as they become thick and mushy. Instead, you should make the stuffing in advance and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. When needed, all you have to do is cut the apples and bake them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are baked apples as healthy as raw?
The truthful answer for that would be no. No cooked fruit can be as good as the raw fruit itself. But baked apples still make a very wholesome, nutritious, and tasty meal. Until you do not eat these in excess, there will be no harm but only benefits.
2. What are the benefits of baked apples?
Consumption of baked apples can help in fighting cancer due to the presence of flavonoids. They can also reduce the risk of thrombotic stroke attacks. It also helps in improving cardiovascular functions.
3. Are baked apples good for constipation?
Yes, baked apples are a perfect remedy for constipation due to their high fiber content and abundance of pectin.
4. How much time does it take to prepare baked apples?
It takes approximately 1 hour to prepare this dish, including 15 minutes preparation time and 45 minutes baking time.