If you’re a fanatic of the crispy and fluffy Baked Potato In an Air Fryer, then this is for you. It’s no doubt that these are the best-baked potatoes. This is because they are tender yet have crispy skin and are fluffy. This proves how tasty they must be.
If you’re already someone who loves Baked Potato In Air Fryer, keep reading to find recipes. If you’re not yet a fan of these baked potatoes, these recipes will turn you into one. After reading, this, do give it a shot. You will love it!
Best Parts of the Baked Potato In Air Fryer
There is an assortment of reasons why people love these. Here are a few of them.
- You do not need to wait for your oven to preheat. This makes this preparation one of the easiest recipes.
- Secondly, cooking this baked potato recipe is energy efficient. The whole procedure of air frying these baked potatoes saves a lot of energy. This is because you do not need to preheat the oven.
- The recipe does not heat up the house. When you bake the potatoes in the regular oven, it heats up the entire house. The air fryer does quite the opposite. Also, that is one of the reasons these potatoes are the best.
- The final reason is that baking the potatoes this way leads to the crispiest skin. All baked potato lovers understand the importance of crispy skin. They also enjoy the good texture. This dish delivers on that front.
Now that we’ve proved that the Baked Potato In Air Fryer is the best let’s move on to the much-awaited recipe.
How To Make Baked Potato In Air Fryer?
Now that you know why this method of baking potatoes is better than the regular oven let’s talk about the recipe.
You need to get your ingredients to prepare it. These are the ingredients that you are going to need to prepare your dish:
- The first ingredient is obviously potatoes. Russets are generally called the best kind of potatoes for baking. So, it would help if you used them for making baked potatoes. These potatoes are also called Idaho potatoes. A tip for even cooking is to make sure that your potatoes are the same size.
- The next item on your list of ingredients is Salt. It is preferable to use Fine Sea Salt instead of daily Salt. This is because it gives more flavor to your baked potatoes.
- The essential ingredient for your dish is Oil. You should use olive oil for this recipe. This helps give the skin of the potato its crispiness. You can also use cooking spray to substitute Oil.
- The final ingredient is garlic powder. You can also add some ground black pepper and some dried parsley. This helps give flavor to your dish.
Step-by-Step Instructions On Baked Potato In Air Fryer
Now let’s move on to step-by-step instructions on making the best Baked Potato In Air Fryer.
The first step when making Baked Potato in Air Fryer is to take your potatoes, Russet if possible. Then, you need to wash them. Pat the potatoes dry after you clean them. This makes sure that your potatoes are clean and makes your dish safe.
- Place the potatoes into your air fryer basket after frying.
- Give your dry potatoes a coat of olive oil. You can use some other oils that have a high smoke point. These oils can be Canola oil or even Avocado oil. You can also make the most of a cooking spray instead of the oils. Then, coat your potatoes with them.
- Cover your potatoes with Oil on all sides. Then, sprinkle garlic powder and sea salt on them. Also, sprinkle the ground black pepper and dried parsley on them. Use 1/2 tsp of each of these ingredients for 3-4 potatoes. Make sure that the potatoes have an even coat of all these ingredients. You can spread all the ingredients with your hands to make sure.
- After putting all the ingredients of the Baked Potato in Air Fryer in the air fryer basket on the potatoes. Then, you can bake the potatoes. You need to bake your potatoes for about 40 minutes at 400 degrees. A tip is that you can peek into the basket at about the half-hour mark. Flip the potatoes if they look brown. This will help make sure that they are evenly cooked.
- Take the potatoes out of the basket for about 40 minutes. Also, they should be the perfect shade of brown on all sides.
Best Tips For Making Air Fryer Baked Potato
- The number of potatoes that you should bake at once should be not more than 4. Overcrowding the air fryer basket does not leave enough space for each potato to crisp up. So, four medium potatoes are the best amount.
- You do not need to pierce your potatoes with a fork-fist. The baked potatoes turn out perfectly well without any piercing. So, do not bother yourself with the trouble.
- Sometimes, 40 mins are not enough for some potatoes to cook in the Baked Potato In Air Fryer. Different size potatoes need diverse cooking times. So, you can put the potato back. So, do not freak out if some of your potatoes are not cooked well.
How Do You Know the Potatoes are Baked?
Knowing when your potatoes are done is a very important question that needs to be answered for the best Baked Potato In Air Fryer.
The best way to check if your potatoes are cooked is to pierce them with a knife. Some potatoes are different in size. So, they take longer to cook. In such a case, you can check with the knife. The Potatoes will be baked when the knife can easily pierce the center. If you fail to do so, the potatoes need to be cooked more. You can cook for 3-5 minutes at a time.
The dish will be ready when all of your potatoes can be pierced with a knife at the center easily. You can serve it up and top them with any of the following. There are endless toppings from butter, sour cream, and bacon bits. You may also find shredded cheese and jalapenos to chives. Use any one of these and enjoy your Baked Potato In Air Fryer.
The Bottom Line
The process of cooking Baked Potato In an Air Fryer is very easy and still leaves you wanting more. So, try this dish out now. We promise; you will have an experience like never before.