Baked Potato, also known as Jacket Potato, is a kind of Potato that has been baked for consumption. It serves as excellent comfort food and can be done alongside steak, pork, chicken, and fish, as we all know that potatoes and meat belong together! If you’re a vegetarian, you can always serve the baked Potato with some yummy veggies on the side. The addition of irresistible cheese to this dish is just like the cherry on the cake! If you are hosting a small get-together and not sure what to add to your menu, you can always add some baked potatoes along with crispy bacon, grated cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and sour cream to enlighten the dish even more!
Below is the recipe for making the classic Baked Potato, a dish and recommended by all!
Classic Baked Potato Recipe:
1. 1 medium baking potato, King Edward, and Desiree potatoes are recommended.
2. 2 tsp butter
3. 1 tsp olive oil
4. 1/4 grated Cheddar cheese
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 1 pinch ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 150C (300F).
2. Wash the Potato and stab the skin several times using a fork. Then massage the potato skin with olive oil and then using salt.
3. Now, place the Potato in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and soft.
4. Now slice the Potato down the center.
5. Then serve it with butter and sprinkle some black pepper. Also, spread the grated cheese as toppings.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrates- 38.3 g
Protein- 13.1 g
Sodium- 1447.8 mg
Cholesterol- 57.7 mg
Benefits of Baked Potatoes:
1. They are a very healthy food item with low fat and cholesterol content.
2. They contain potassium in abundance, which helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
3. It also helps in preventing inflammation due to its high choline content.
4. It aids digestion and helps in resolving diarrhea ad constipation.
5. It is also beneficial in promoting weight loss and improving metabolism to a great extent.
Some delicious recipes which start Baked Potatoes:
1. Luscious Baked Potato Soup
Yes, you’ve heard it right! Baked Potatoes can be a crucial ingredient in making soup! It is incredibly delicious and serves to be great comfort food for when you are feeling low. It is also effortless to make and can be prepared in less than thirty minutes! To make it more heavenly, you can always serve this soup with crispy bacon, chopped chives, and splendid grated cheese as toppings.
2. Loaded Baked Potato Pizza
Another dish that will make you feel as if you are in heaven- Loaded Baked Potato Pizza! This dish is genuinely lip-smacking and irresistible as it incorporates the yummiest food items- Potato, bacon, and cheese! You can also top with some sour cream more heavenly! The addition of melted cheese on top is what makes it more alluring!
3. Twice-baked Potato Casserole
Another of the most indulging baked potato dishes is the Baked Potato Casserole. It is a highly satisfying combination of sour cream, potatoes, delicious bacon, melting, and grated cheese. Another critical factor that makes this dish more alluring is using different types of cheeses like Mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese. It is a super-creamy snack and is loved by everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. At what temperature are baked potatoes done?
Baking the potatoes at 210F ensures that they are perfectly baked.
2. How long does it take to cook baked potatoes at 200 degrees?
It takes approximately 40-50 minutes to perfectly cook the baked potatoes until they have turned soft and golden-brown.
3. How do I know the Baked Potato is done?
You will get to know that your Potato is baked once they start appearing all papery and wrinkly on the outside. You can also insert a fork into the Potato, and if the knife slides through, it indicates that your Potato is done.