For nutrition lovers, any food that consists of flavourful aromas and is highly nutritious is like the cherry on the cake. Baked Salmon is one such lip-smacking recipe that never fails to tempt the taste buds. What’s best is that one can relish this dish without a pang of guilt. More so, there is a variant of ways to cook this dish and turn it into a fancy meal. So, why not learn how to prepare it for a fine-dining experience?
How to make oven-baked salmon?
Who doesn’t love a fancy salmon meal? Almost all of us do, right? But the main question is- how to prepare it using an easy-to-follow method? Well, here’s what you’ve got to do:
Cooking salmon is chalk and cheese, provided you follow the instructions for the recipe carefully. Give at least four to six minutes for each half-inch thick salmon. Once you push the salmon into the oven, try and check it every eight minutes to avoid overcooking. As soon as the fish starts to cook and appear opaque, remove it from the oven as the salmon is ready. Make sure you marinate the salmon properly before you place it inside the oven. Adjust it to the temperature as instructed in the recipe you follow. If you want your oven-baked salmon to be perfectly cooked, buy salmons that are worth the investment. Make sure you buy fresh salmon from the market and one that doesn’t stink.
Ingredients for oven-baked salmon
(Adjust all the ingredients to your taste and preference)
- 1 to 3 pounds of skin-on salmon fillet
- Olive Oil
Instructions to make oven-baked salmon
- Preheat the oven at 425-degree F. Place a rack in the middle. Line it with parchment paper or any other paper that will help avoid sticking.
- Now, pat the salmon dry using a towel.
- Season the salmon well using the seasonings listed above.
- Now, place the salmon in a roasting pan and then transfer it to the oven.
- Roast for around four to six minutes until it looks perfectly cooked.
- When easily flaked, the salmon will be ready to serve.
How to make Healthy baked salmon recipes?
The nutritional content of salmon is impressive. With Omega3, non-animal protein and the addition of Calcium, it is one of the healthiest meat options to pick. With zero carbs, fibre and sugar, it stands out as a perfectly nutritious recipe. So, if you’ve been waiting to gorge on the best pick from this list, the healthy baked salmon recipe is the ultimate selection.
Ingredients for healthy baked salmon recipe
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb
- 1 medium lemon
Instructions to make a healthy baked salmon recipe
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F and grease a pan. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and drizzle the seasoning on it.
- Stir together lemon, garlic, herbs and olive oil and drizzle it over the salmon.
- Bake this for around 15 to 18 minutes until it turns opaque and flaky.
- Garnish with thyme and other seasonings of your preference.
- Serve hot.
How to make Baked salmon recipes in foil?
If you’re looking for a quick salmon recipe that leaves it aroma everywhere, the baked salmon recipe in foil is the best option for you. This one requires just five minutes but still tastes delicious. So, let’s quickly learn how to make it:
Ingredients for baked salmon recipe in foil
- 2-pound sliced salmon
- 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- Additional chopped fresh herbs
Instructions to make the baked salmon recipe in foil
- Take out the salmon from the fridge and let it sit for some time. Now preheat the oven at 375-degree F. On a parchment paper lay a large baking foil.
- Now, lightly coat the foil with some baking spray and add rosemary sprigs on it. At the same time, cut lemons and lay on it. Lastly, place the salmon on top.
- Now drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on the salmon. Also, rub garlic cloves on top of it. Now, juice the second lemon on it.
- Now fold the aluminum foil properly up. Make a few holes in the foil to let the flavours sink in.
- Bake the salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes until flaky and opaque.
- After that, broil the salmon for three minutes.
- Serve hot.
How to make Baked salmon recipe lemon?
The baked salmon recipe lemon requires only thirty minutes to cook and turns out like magic. The trick to cooking this baked salmon is to use a bit of liquid in this recipe. You could do with wine, water or anything that will help enhance the flavours. Make sure you season the salmon properly before baking it. Another thing you can do for enhanced flavour is to use sliced lemons on it. So, let’s check out how to prepare this delicious salmon recipe at home:
Ingredients for baked salmon recipe lemon
- One 1 1/2-pound salmon fillet, or two 12-ounce fillets
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into slices 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Instructions for baked salmon recipe lemon
- Heat the oven at 325-degree F. Season the salmon with lemon and fresh herbs and place it on the parchment sheet.Pour wine into the baking dish and cover it with foil after fitting the salmon.
- Now bake for about 12 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh herbs on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Salmon has good nutritional value. This is the reason why salmon is good for health.
Salmon is expensive compared to other fishes as the process of procuring it is lengthier than in any other fish.
Yes. Salmon is a perfect main dish.
If you’re a salmon lover, just like we are, don’t forget to try out the various baked salmon recipes we listed above for you. Not only are they highly nutritious but also very delicious so, you don’t want to miss out on them.