We all have known and eaten regular dosa at least once in our entire lifetime. But the fact that too much of this delicious and versatile dosa can affect your health adversely always makes us think twice. But now, we do not need to worry at all! Today we bring to you one of the greatest and healthiest food inventions of all time- beetroot dosa! That’s right; beetroot dosa is a flavorsome yet nutritious take on the regular dosa. It is straightforward to make and does not cause any hassle. At the same time, due to its beetroot color, kids are going to love it!
Given below is the ultimate recipe of sustaining Beetroot Dosa to completely wow your family members due to its surprising taste and health benefits.
How To Make Delicious Beetroot Dosa At Home:
Listed below is the perfect and most suitable recipe for making beetroot dosa easily and without any hindrance.
1. 2 cups idli dosa batter
2. 1 small beetroot, diced
3. A pinch of Asafoetida
4. 2 red chili
5. 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
6. Oil, to smear
1. Firstly, take a blender and add in the red chili, diced beetroot, and cumin seeds and grind until you obtain a smooth paste. Do not add water.
2. Then, take a large bowl and add in the idli dosa batter.
3. Add the paste prepared and asafoetida to the batter and mix until it’s combined.
4. Then, take a hot Tawa spread the dosa on it according to your thickness preference.
5. Cook it with the lid covered and sprinkle some oil for smearing.
6. Lastly, flip the dosa and let it cook until it’s done.
Recipe Of Beetroot Urad Dosa:
1. 2 cups Idli dosa batter
2. 1/2 medium-sized beetroot
3. 1/2 cup urad dal
4. 2-3 green chili
5. 1 cup rice flour
6. 1 tsp jeera
7. Salt, to taste
9. Cilantro leaves
1. Firstly, start by soaking the urad dal in water for about 3 hours.
2. Then transfer the dal in fresh water and grind it to form a smooth mixture.
3. Then, place the mixture prepared in a mixing bowl and add the rice flour and salt.
4. Mix thoroughly until combined, then cover the mixture and place it in a dark place for 6-8 hours.
5. Then chop some beetroot, cilantro leaves, and green chili and grind it along with salt to form a smooth paste.
6. Take a large mixing bowl, pour in the idli dosa batter, and mix it well until combined.
7. Now, heat a flat tawa and spread the dosa batter prepared on the Tawa according to your thickness preference.
8. Layer the dosa with jeera and some chopped cilantro leaves.
9. Flip the dosa and allow it to cook evenly.
The Best Chutney To Pair Up With Beetroot Dosa:
You can pair up this delicious beetroot dosa with the chutney of your choice. But the flavorful, zingy, and luscious taste of coconut chutney is a choice of excellence against the delicious beetroot dosa. You can also add some extra chopped green chili to add a little bit of spice to this, otherwise, sweet chutney. This pairing of yummy beetroot dosa with the irresistible coconut chutney is remarkable!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I prepare my dosa batter for preparing beetroot dosa?
Of course, feel free to prepare your dosa batter instead of purchasing it from the store. It is much better to prepare homemade dosa batter.
2. What are some key benefits of Beetroot dosa?
Beetroot, the critical ingredient incorporated in beetroot dosa, lowers your blood pressure and allows you to maintain a suitable body weight. It also enables stamina in your body, thus allowing you to perform day-to-day activities at ease.
3. What are the nutrients contained in beetroot dosa?
Some nutrients present in beetroot dosa include iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, copper, manganese, and so much more.