Dressings might be the quintessential part of your kitchen if you are a salad lover or a fan of nachos, potato wedges or buffalo-flavoured dishes. If you love any spicy, fried snack, you have to have a dressing or dip. Here, we will be talking about the most loved, delicious, and super easy to make the best blue cheese dressing recipe.
About the Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe:
This dressing adds a unique and tangy taste to JUST anything. It is readily available at the stores. Still, the homemade one has this refreshing taste, which is worth the struggle, except there is no struggle in this recipe. Moreover, it is economical, easy to make and doesn’t take much of your time or effort. The ingredients needed are almost always available in everyone’s kitchen, and the best part is that it can be prepared even by children.
- Blue Cheese (70 g, crumbled): You can use any variety of blue cheese as all of them blend just fine in this recipe. However, you might want to use one that tastes rich and creamy.
- Mayonnaise (2 tablespoons): You can replace it with light mayo if you want a lighter, minimum calorie dressing.
- Sour Cream (2 tablespoons): This ingredient lightens the dressing (made heavy by mayo) and provides a rich flavour. Alternatively, you can use Greek yoghurt (they provide thick consistency needed for dips) or plain yoghurt.
- Milk/ Buttermilk (as per the consistency wanted): While using the dressing for salad, you might want to add milk or buttermilk to thin out the texture.
- Lemon juice (optional): It adds a citrusy yet juicy flavour to the dressing.
- Garlic powder (1/4th teaspoon)
- Sugar (1/4th teaspoon)
- Parsley (finely chopped, optional): Highly recommended ingredient!!
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the blue cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise, blending them nicely using a fork, pressing the cheese crumbs against the bowl’s walls.
- Add lemon juice, garlic powder, sugar, parsley, black pepper and salt to the mixture.
- Blend them using a fork for 2-3 minutes. AND… you have your blue cheese dressing, thick in consistency, ready for the dips.
- However, add milk or buttermilk to the dressing, if you want a thin consistency dressing to use with the salad, and whisk it well.
- Empty the bowl in an airtight container and refrigerate it for a minimum of 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, take it out and serve the dressing with nachos or salad or anything (you can pair this dressing up with ANYTHING).
Tips and Suggestions:
- Pressing the cheese and breaking the crumbs further will allow them to blend in with the dressing and provide more flavour to the sauce; hence, take time to mix them.
- Lemon juice, though optional, is a highly recommended ingredient, especially when you are using milk instead of buttermilk. However, you can also you white wine vinegar in its place.
- You can also use water in place of milk/ buttermilk if they aren’t available, but the dressing’s taste degrades highly when using water.
- Again, using buttermilk allows you to make the buttermilk blue cheese dressing, which tastes the best.
- However, if you want to make a keto blue cheese dressing recipe, you might want to use milk in place of buttermilk as buttermilk contains enormous carbs. Moreover, replace the regular mayonnaise with a low carb one.
- Refrigerating the dressing gives it a creamy, tangy and tender texture and flavour which might be a free addition to your already best blue cheese dressing recipe. Leaving it overnight can make it better.
- You can refrigerate it in an airtight container for 2- 3 weeks. Freezing is not recommended as thawing can make the dressing change its texture and taste for the worst.
Blue cheese dressing is the best thing to add to your gloomy meals as it makes the dish’s taste, to which it is added to, ten times better. Moreover, it is economical, easy to make and doesn’t take much of your time or effort. The ingredients needed are almost always available in everyone’s kitchen, and the best part is that it can be made even by children. It can also be used with legit anything, be it salad or nachos or potato fries, literally just anything. And somehow it changes the taste of everything it is added to, and definitely, for the best.