If there is one recipe, I think I would die for, it has to be Boiling Crab. One of the easy recipes I picked up from my school friend last summer, Boiling Crab is a dish that will make your mouth water like never before. With minimal ingredients, this recipe turns out to become the star of the evening every time.
If you are wondering what is so special about this dish, let us learn to make the Boiling Crab recipe so you can see it for yourself!
The classic boiling crab recipe
Whether you are hosting an evening party or a dinner date, the boiling crab recipe is an all-time favourite. The recipe that we are going to unleash today is one that can serve six people at a time. With readily available ingredients like potatoes, garlic, cayenne and the like, this flavourful recipe will make your taste buds water for more. Let us learn how to make it:
Ingredients to make the boiling crab recipe
- 1 cup salt
- 2 heaping tsp. cayenne
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large lemon, quartered
- 1 small head of garlic, unpeeled
- 6-8 small new potatoes, unpeeled
- 2-3 medium onions, unpeeled
- 3 ears of corn, cut in half
- 12 crabs or 5 lbs. crawfish
Instructions to make the boiling crab recipe
- Fill a large pot with water and let it come to a boil. Add salt, cayenne, onion quarters, lemon quarters and garlic. Cook the dish for around 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onions and corn in the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now, add the Crabs. Cook for around 8 minutes until the boil returns to a boil.
4. Serve the boiling crab recipe hot.
Boiling Crab recipe Shrimp
Shrimps and Crabs make a lethal combination. The two delicious non-vegetarian ingredients can be a lip-smacking meal together. Apart from that, when both are served together, they can keep you fuller for longer. So, the next dish is all about it. Although Boiling Crab Recipe Shrimp is super delicious for diet lovers, this might not be their ideal recipe. With 982.7 calories, 90.6g Protein, 47.6g Carbs and 3649mg Sodium it might not make for the perfect meal for a fitness enthusiast. But no worries! You can always take a small bite when in doubt. Let’s take a look at the ingredients:
Ingredients to make Boiling Crab recipe Shrimp
- 6 quarts water, and more as needed
- ¼ cup seafood seasoning
- 1-pound small red potatoes
- 2 pounds king crab legs
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- ½ cups chopped celery
- 12 pearl onions
- 1-pound spicy sausage
- 4 ears corn
10. 2 pounds unpeeled Shrimp
Instructions to make Boiling Crab Recipe Shrimp
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add seafood seasoning. Cook the potatoes for around 15 minutes.
2. Bring another pot of water to boil. Add seafood seasoning. Cook crab legs until edible. This may require 10 minutes.
3. Now, add the carrots, celery, onions into the potatoes you cooked earlier. Cook until all the vegetables turn tender. Now, add sausage and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the shrimps and crab legs to the same pot and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Serve boiling crab recipe shrimp.
Whole Shebang boiling crab recipe
One of the best crab dishes that I have had in a long time is the Whole Shebang Boiling crab recipe. The good thing about this recipe is that it is full of spicy flavours and an aroma to cherish for a lifetime. Let us check out the tasty recipe for this one:
Ingredients to make Whole Shebang Boiling crab recipe
1. 6 lbs (2.7 kg) Crawfish
2. 1/3 Liquid Crab Boil Bottle
3. 1 Bag Zatarain’s Crab Boil
4. 8 oz (225 g) Crawfish Boil Mix
5. 1 qt (0.95 l) Pineapple Orange Juice
6. 1 Lemon
7. 1 lb (454 g) Mini Potatoes
8. 8 pieces Corn on Cob
9. 5 Sausages
11. 1 Onion
12. 1/2 lb (227 g) Unsalted Butter
13. 1.5 tbsp (22 ml) Salt
Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 3 Garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1/2 lb (227 g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of each:
- Old Bay
- Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
Mayo Dipping Sauce:
1. 1 tsp (5 ml) Crawfish Boil Mix
2. 2 tsp (10 ml) Lemon Juice
3. 3 tbsp (44 ml) Mayonnaise
Instructions to make Whole Shebang Boiling crab recipe
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add garlic and sauté for some time. Add all the spices and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Clean the raw fish and take another pot. Squeeze some lemon in it. Add butter, pineapple, orange juice, sausage, crawfish boil, liquid crab boil, crab boil, garlic, onion and potatoes. Boil for around five minutes.
- Add crawfish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon and corns.
- Now cover the lid and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add some garlic butter sauce and mix well.
- For the dipping sauce, add all its ingredients and mix them in a bowl.
9. Serve the whole shebang boiling crab recipe.
The bottom line
The Boiling crab recipes mentioned above are some of the best dishes to gorge on to your heart’s content. Do not forget to try out the recipe and tell us how you like it.
Each recipe listed above is perfect. It depends on your preference as to which one you might prefer. My personal favourite is the whole shebang boiling crab recipe for sure.
No. If you follow the instructions carefully, you will hardly require any time to cook it.