Everyone loves to enjoy a breakfast filled with their favorite savory ingredients, be it an assortment of meat, cheese, eggs, or some zingy salsa. A wholesome breakfast or brunch is all you need to kick-start your day and enhance your mood to a great extent. Sometimes, to fulfill your stomach’s daily requirements, you should consume something which will keep you active for the entire day. As the saying goes, “good food is a good mood,” you must consume something which allows you to be full of energy and enthusiasm. What more can do his job other than a combination of delicious sausage, loads of oozing cheese, a layer of perfectly cooked eggs wrapped in a wheat tortilla and served alongside a zesty salsa? That’s right! We are talking about a breakfast burrito- a delicious dish made using everyone’s favorite savory ingredients.
Breakfast Burrito: All You Need To Kick Start Your Day
Filled with the goodness of some of your favorite ingredients, ranging from delicious sausage, cheese, and salsa made using avocado and tomato, this breakfast burrito is everything good missing from your life. Also, if you are willing to prepare a delicious cheese or any other spicy sauce, feel free to do so. Also known as a breakfast wrap, you can add some crispy, hot bacon to make it more enticing. Just imagine some melting cheddar cheese oozing out of a tortilla, wrapping your favorite version of sausage, some creamy avocado, and crispy potatoes. The thought of this dish will surely leave you craving it.
Below, we have provided all the relevant information you will require to make the perfect breakfast wrap that is bound to please your family members and leave them lusting for more.
A. For The Burritos
1. 4, 10-inch burrito-sized flour tortillas
2. 1/2 lb spicy sausage, any meat of choice
3. 4 large eggs
4. 6 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
5. 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
6. Vegetable oil
7. 1/4 tsp salt
B. For The Avocado-tomato Salsa
1. 1 large avocado, peeled, seed removed, and sliced
2. 1 to 2 tomatoes, diced and seeded
3. 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
4. 1 small shallot, minced
5. 1 clove garlic, minced
6. 1 tsp ground cumin
7. 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
8. 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
9. 1/2 tsp salt
Directions To Follow:
Follow the given instructions to make the best burrito.
1. Firstly, you must make the avocado-tomato salsa. For that, place all the mentioned ingredients required to complete the salsa in a bowl and mix it well until combined. Set it aside.
2. Then, take a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the four eggs along with the smoked paprika and salt. Mix until combined and set aside.
3. Then, take a large non-stick pan and heat it over medium-high heat.
4. Place the sausage in the pan and cook it for about 4 to 5 minutes or until it turns brown while stirring occasionally.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage from the pan to a plate while leaving behind the drippings.
6. Then, lower the flame’s heat from medium to low and add in the eggs. Allow them to scramble and continue to do so until they are cooked evenly.
7. Proceed to transfer the eggs from the pan to another plate.
8. Now comes the time to assemble the burritos. For that, you need to take about 1/4 cup of the salsa prepared and place it onto each tortilla. After that, spoon about a quarter of the cooked sausage, a quarter of the scrambled eggs, and 1/3 of the cheese.
9. Then, you are required to fold the tortilla and tuck the edges as you proceed.
10. Then, take a pan, lightly coat it with oil, and heat over medium flame. When the pan is searing hot, place the burritos with its seam side on the bottom. Cover the pan and allow the burritos to cook for about 3 minutes or until their bottoms have turned golden brown.
11. Flip the burritos over and allow the other side to cook for a few minutes more until they turn golden.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Some Classic Breakfast Burritos You Are Bound To Fall In Love With:
If you love savory food items, you are bound to love the variations of the breakfast wrap, which will leave you wanting more.
1. All In One
This version of the breakfast wrap contains everything. And by everything, we mean absolutely everything! From tater tots, cheese, and meat to eggs, salsa, and sauces, this wrap has got it all. It is bound to leave your mind, heart, and stomach completely satisfied. You can also add shreds of cooked chicken or any other meat, and it depends entirely on your preference.
2. Bacon And Egg
If you love bacon and are a sucker for scrambled eggs, this dish is the one for you. Filled with the goodness of crispy bacon, loads of cheese, and perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, this wrap is sure to impress your family members. It is straightforward to make and does not require any hassle. So feel free to make it for your children as they will surely love it. Feel free to substitute bacon for any other meat like sausage or ham, as it entirely depends on you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What makes a burrito a breakfast burrito?
The stomach-filling ingredients like meat, cheese, eggs, avocado, ham, onion, tomato, spinach, beans, peppers, Canadian bacon, potatoes, and many others form a breakfast wrap.
2. How many calories does a breakfast burrito have?
This dish has a total of 394.9 calories, which allows it to leave your stomachs satisfied.
3. Which place serves the best breakfast burrito?
Taco Bell makes the best breakfast wrap of all, followed by Del Taco, Chick-Fil-A, Wendy’s, and McDonald’s.