Are you searching for low-carb finger food? We are here with our all-time favorite recipe of Buffalo Cauliflower bites. Along with ranch dressing, this dish perfectly fits into any occasion anytime. However, you can make this snack a wholesome Sunday dinner bowl for your family and friends.
Hearing the name, you must be wondering if this dish is non-vegan or must taste like chicken wings. But that’s not the case. This snack is much healthier than any finger food and is delicious and spicy. We assure you that you will feel obsessed with this dish once your taste buds get a slight relish of it.
The essential components to prepare this lip-smacking dish are readily available in any pantry. When you are thinking of cooking this finger food recipe, make sure you have the following items ready with you.
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 large head of fresh and washed cauliflower cut into florets of medium size
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ½ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup of hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks and carrots for side serving
Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Cook Buffalo Cauliflower
If you want to cook the tastiest Buffalo Cauliflower recipe for your loved ones, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Put the oven on preheat mode at 450 degrees C.
- Take a parchment paper and lubricate it with cooking spray thoroughly.
- Then, take a large bowl and add garlic powder, all-purpose flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and water.
- Mix all of them until they form a smooth batter.
- Then add the cauliflower florets to the batter and toss them so that the florets get entirely coated with the batter.
- Place each floret at a distance on the baking sheet in one single layer.
- Bake these florets in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until they turn light brown. Flip the side once the upper portion starts browning.
- Take a mixing bowl and add hot sauce, melted butter, and lemon juice. Blend nicely until thoroughly combined.
- Brush the prepared Buffalo sauce on the baked cauliflower florets.
- Place them back inside the oven and bake them for another 15 minutes until they are entirely crispy golden brown.
And here you go! Your finger-licking Buffalo Caulifower finger food is ready to be grabbed. Serve it with ranch dressing and carrots, and celery sticks on the sides. This dish will, no wonder, create a fantastic impression of your chef’s side on the minds of your guests. Moreover, as it is vegan, your vegetarian friends can also relish this snack anytime they want.
One-time preparation of Buffalo Cauliflower yields four servings. Each serving has the following nutritional value.
- Calories – 63.6 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 36.2 gms
- Protein – 8.5 gms
- Fat – 7.1 gms
- Saturated fat – 3.7 gms
- Sodium – 907 mg
- Cholesterol – 15.3 mg
- Sugar – 9.7 gms
- Vitamin A – 260.1 IU
- Vitamin C – 154.4 mg
- Calcium – 69.4 mg
- Iron – 1.4 mg
- Potassium – 918.7 mg
- Fiber – 9.9 gms
- Cut the cauliflower florets into medium size. They should be a little tinier than the size of chicken wings. If you chop the cauliflower into small pieces, then they might turn mushy and will not give a crispy taste while baking in the oven.
- While baking the cauliflower, use parchment paper. Parchment papers are easy to clean up and take less oil. Sometimes, the batter might stick to the parchment paper and turn messy. You should flip the cauliflower when it starts to brown for even crispiness and avoid sticking to the batter.
- Every food tastes the best when it is served fresh and hot. So, consider baking the cauliflower right before you want to do the dish. It stays hot and crispy. However, if you cool it down and then serve it, it might become soft and lose its quality texture. Hence, serve the snack immediately after baking.
- If you wish to make your Buffalo Cauliflower bites more crispy and quickly, air fry them. At 375 degrees F, keep the cauliflower for 10 minutes, and then brush the Buffalo sauce. After brushing, return the cauliflower to the air fryer and keep it for another 5 minutes. And, your day snack is ready in just 15 minutes!
This perfect day snack is at its best when eaten in the first few hours of baking. Till then, it remains crispy and hot. Still, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container inside the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Make sure to reheat them for serving. You can reheat this dish in an oven or an oven toaster. Remember not to use the microwave for reheating.
The Buffalo Cauliflower recipe is the favorite recipe for vegans. It requires effortless cooking and tastes super delicious. You shall keep licking your fingers once you taste this dish. Few other healthy appetizers which you can serve to your guests are as follows:
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Cucumber Sushi
- Bean And Cheese Quesadillas
- Pizza Quinoa Bites
- Skinny Spinach Dip
- Zucchini Tater Tots
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Fried Chicken Wings
From preparation to cooking any dish, only edible ingredients are not sufficient. You also need some essential kitchen equipment for cooking. To cook this finger-licking tasty dish, you must have the following kitchen equipment:
- Cutting board
- Knife block set
- Balloon whisk
- Mixing bowl set
- Aluminum sheet pans
The Buffalo Cauliflower bites recipe is the all-time favorite recipe of vegans. Ones who love cauliflower shall get addicted to this dish. The most fantastic fact about this recipe is that you can make it gluten-free and add spices according to your preference. You can cut out garlic powder if you do not like it.
However, apart from all other recipes, you can customize this recipe according to your choice. So, if you are searching for a healthy snack to serve any day in midweek, do not miss out on this fantastic dish. It is the best snack to relish and enjoy anytime.