Summers are usually all about ice creams and other cold condiments. Who does not love some refreshing iced tea while sitting on your patio and enjoying the warm weather merrily? But aside from the cold beverages and food items, it is necessary to find something which is just as refreshing but can leave your stomach full. Something reviving to improve your mood during the warm and cozy times is all you need to freshen up your summers. Another essential factor to jot down is health. The food item you will be consuming should be full of nutrients, just like in a salad. Our body needs its refreshments to stay happy and hydrated during summers, and it is necessary to come across a dish that ticks all of these criteria.
Luckily, we have come up with a delicious, refreshing and easy to make appetizer which is just what you need to lighten up your warm days. The name of this enlivening dish is Caprese salad pasta.
Caprese Salad Pasta- The Perfect Dish To Rejuvenate Your Summer Days:
This pasta salad is your go-to summer dish. Filled with the goodness of fresh mozzarella, basil and juicy cherry tomatoes, it is cravingly good and is sure to blow the minds of your loved ones. This pasta salad fits well for all occasions, be it any small get-together or for a day in the pool. Also, your kids are bound to fall in love with this preparation in no time. It is also straightforward to make and does not require any hassle. So, if you are the host of a casual family gathering, you should opt for preparing the Caprese salad pasta.
An irresistible combination of mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil, this dish is sure to wow everyone. Also, the smooth balsamic vinegar dressing coated in the pasta will add a tangy flavour along with a sweet taste. If you have not tried this dish, you are missing out on a lot. So our first and foremost advice would be to check out this recipe at the earliest as you are sure to be amazed by it. As soon as you look at the recipe, your mouth is sure to be filled with saliva, and I bet you would rush straight to the nearest grocery store to get its ingredients. Take some time and read it, as it is sure to be worth it.
How To Make The Delicious And Mouth-watering Caprese Salad Pasta In A Go:
We have provided all the information you need, from ingredients to directions to follow and some essential tips, so that you do not face any issues while preparing this dish.
1. 1 lb short pasta (choose between penne, fusilli and orecchiette)
2. 3 cups cherry tomatoes
3. 16 ounces mozzarella balls
4. 1/2 cup fresh basil, slivered
5. 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
6. 1 garlic clove, minced
7. 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
8. 1 tsp kosher salt
Directions To Follow:
1. Take a saucepan and fill it with water. Bring the water to a boil and season lavishly with kosher salt.
2. Now add the pasta and cook until it is still a little firm.
3. Then drain the pasta using a colander and rinse softly with cold water. Allow the cooked pasta to cool.
4. While the pasta is boiling, drain the mozzarella balls to remove all the oozed out water. Then cut them in half.
5. Now, slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
6. Take a mixing bowl and add in the sliced mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
7. Also, add the cooked pasta and slivered fresh basil.
8. After doing so, take a small bowl or even a mason jar. Add in the white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
9. Lastly, drizzle the vinegar balsamic dressing prepared over the pasta, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Also, toss them for better mixing and season according to your taste.
Enjoy this mouth-watering salad, as it is sure to make your day a whole lot better!
Some Tips To Keep In Mind While Preparing The Caprese Salad Pasta:
1. Cook the short pasta until it is al dente and then rinse with cold water for better texture. If you are using store-bought pasta, make sure to boil it for 2 to 3 minutes, less than what the packaging instructions suggest. This will improve the texture of the pasta and make it more tender.
2. Make sure to cut the cherry tomatoes if you don’t want the tomatoes to explode.
3. Use a lower-priced olive oil for sauteing but the best extra virgin olive oil for dressing the pasta salad.
4. If you want your pasta salad to have a sweet, caramelized flavour, go for golden balsamic vinegar instead of white.
5. One clove of minced garlic is plenty for your salad to taste delicious.
6. Instead of blocks of mozzarella, go for fresh mozzarella in water, but drained, to make this dish more amazing. Also, if mozzarella is not available, you can feel free to use goat cheese or chunky feta in its place.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What can I serve with Caprese salad pasta?
The following dishes are sure to pair up well alongside this pasta salad:
- Some mouth-watering BBQ Chicken
- Delicious garlic burgers
- Grilled chicken kebabs
- Grilled salmon with an irresistible dressing.
2. How can I make the Caprese salad pasta ahead of time?
If you wish to make this pasta salad ahead of time, get hold of all the ingredients and the white balsamic dressing for up to 24 hours. Then start putting the salad 1 hour before you serve.
3. How can I make the dressing for the Caprese salad pasta without creating any mess?
You can prepare the pasta salad in a mason jar as the dressing is sure to emulsify well in it, and it will not create a mess.