Are you worried about what to cook with chicken? No need to worry at all now! We are here with the perfect meal for friends and families – Chicken Cutlet. Do you know the most amazing fact about this dish? It can be served in multiple ways. You can even freeze them and use them later as an instant dinner dish.
The fun fact is, the ingredients required to prepare this dish are easily available at your home itself. Moreover, it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare the entire chicken cutlet. The versatility of the chicken cutlet is the prime reason behind its popularity, and it can be served with honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or even sandwiches. Now, let us see how to make this fantastic delicacy.
How To Make The Most Delicious Chicken Cutlet?
- 4, 6 to 8 ounce boneless skinless, trimmed chicken breasts made into cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges
Ingredients For Breading
- 1 ½ cup of panko
- ½ cup parmesan
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Two large eggs
- One clove of minced garlic
- Let the chicken stand out until it reaches room temperature. Wrap it in plastic and even the thickness of ½ inch.
- Remove the plastic and pat the chicken with paper or a dry towel. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Take three shallow dishes. In the first dish, place panko bread crumbs and parmesan in the second, flour and paprika. In the third one, scramble eggs with minced garlic. Whisk them until they turn frothy.
- Take one cutlet at a time. Drench it in the flour dish and shake off the excess.
- Follow this with the eggs and panko bread crumbs dishes too.
- Take a wire rack and spray a non-stick spray on it. Place each chicken cutlet carefully.
- Wait for 5 minutes until the coating gets dry.
- On the other hand, take a medium-sized skillet, add oil, and heat it for the cutlets to dip in it halfway.
- Cook the cutlets for about 2 minutes until they turn golden brown, and then flip it over to another side.
- Remove the cutlets from the skillets and place them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the same procedure with other chicken cutlets.
And look! Your lip-smacking chicken cutlets are ready to be served with Lemon Wedges.
Tips And Tricks To Make Your Chicken Cutlets Perfect
Listed below are some tips and tricks that can make your chicken cutlet recipe go smoothly every time.
- Make sure the chicken is at room temperature before you start the coating.
- Avoid sagging chicken before dipping it in flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Let the coating of the chicken cutlet get dry before you start to shallow fry them.
- Use the right amount of oil.
- Avoid overcrowding the skillet by adding too many cutlets into it.
- To keep the chicken warm and crispy, keep it in the oven.
- Try not to use any other bread crumbs apart from panko as it has fewer calories.
- Maintain consistency in the heat flame.
What Can We Serve With Chicken Cutlets?
Chicken cutlets can be paired with multiple options. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Honey mustard sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Sandwiches or salads
- Lemon wedges
- Baked sour cream
- Spicy Asian barbecue dipping sauce
How To Store For Later Use?
Chicken cutlets are an all-time favorite recipe for those who like to prepare things beforehand. The best part about this recipe is preparing it and storing it for later use. You need to follow a few tips. These are as follows:
- Prepare and bread the chicken a day before you want to serve them.
- Store the coated chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Follow the general directions of cooking when preparing to serve.
The Bottom Line
The chicken cutlet recipe is an all-time favorite because of its versatility. It can be served in a variety of ways. The ingredients are easily available, and you can keep them prepared a day before. To maintain a diet, panko bread crumbs is advised as it has a lower calorie intake.
Frequently Asked Questions [faqs]
1.How long does it take to prepare a chicken cutlet?
It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare the entire recipe of chicken cutlets from scratch at home.
2. What should be the internal temperature of the chicken cutlet?
The internal temperature of the chicken cutlet should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can check it with an instant-read thermometer.
3. For how long can we freeze chicken cutlets?
You can freeze chicken cutlets for about three months.