If you ask a meat lover, they will always tell you that chicken is never enough. The juicy texture of the breast, the crispness of the flesh and the flavourful aroma of the ingredients that bind the chicken make it irresistibly satiating. But however tasty it might be, the fact that it takes longer to cook renders us wild with hunger. Thanks to Napoleon Bonaparte’s chef for creating a recipe that not only cooks quickly but also tastes like paradise on earth.
Let’s take a look at the best chicken Marengo recipes so that you can beat your meat cravings in no time!
How to make Chicken Marengo recipes?
Amidst all the lip-smacking chicken dishes that have ever been created by mankind, this one is the best. Wrapped in flavours of garlic, wine, tomatoes and herbs, the chicken Marengo recipes is sure to die for. This exotic dish that requires only 10 minutes to cook, involves a master recipe that is sure to combat your cravings in an instant. Children, adults and older people are all bound to keep licking their fingers when you cook this recipe at home. So, why not give it a try?
Ingredients to make Chicken Marengo recipes
- 3-pound chicken cut into serving pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups cored and cubed red ripe tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
Instructions to make chicken Marengo recipes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add the chicken. Cook until golden brown. Pour out the chicken fat from the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and mushrooms to the chicken. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the wine and cook properly. Once the wine settles, add tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth and parsley. Make it comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook.
- Plate with rice or salad of your choice.
- Serve hot.
How to make Penne with chicken Marengo?
Everyone loves a good penne pasta. But everyone will love the penne with chicken Marengo even more. This recipe is loaded with juicy chicken, penne and flavourful seasonings that will instantly tempt anyone. From an easy lunch recipe to a fun dinner date, this recipe is sure to work like magic for you. As it cooks in minimum time, you can always prepare this dish for a large gathering on a special occasion.
Ingredients to make penne with chicken Marengo
- 8 ounces penne
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Instructions to make penne with chicken Marengo
- Boil the pasta using a large pan. Add water and salt in it. Let the pasta boil for around 7 to 10 minutes.
- Take another bowl and boil the sun-dried tomatoes. Once it softens, drain the excess ad chop finely.
- Heat a pan. Add chicken, thyme, pepper and flour in it. Cook the chicken until golden brown. Add mushrooms and chicken broth too. Keep stirring until the juices start to come together.
- Add crushed tomatoes, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, salt and sun-dried tomatoes. Also, add the remaining broth. Keep cooking for around 8 minutes or so.
- Pour the pasta in the mixture. Cook well.
- Serve hot.
How to make chicken Marengo napoleon style?
As we all know now, that chicken Marengo was originally prepared by Napoleon’s Chef. The Chef first cooked this for Napoleon after he returned victorious from a battle against the Australian army on June 14, 1800. Once Napoleon tasted this dish, he told his Chef, “you will cook me one of those at the end of each battle.” If the great Napoleon has such a strong liking for this dish ever since he tasted it, imagine how flavourful it is.
Ingredients to make Chicken Marengo Napoleon style
- 1 whole chicken cut in pieces (keep the bones and carcasses for the stock)
- 1 tin of good quality chopped tomatoes (400 grams)
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml of cognac
- 4 slices of white bread (crust removed)
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of a button or forest mushroom
- Salt and pepper to season
- 150 ml of olive oil
Instructions to make Chicken Marengo Napoleon style
- Take a pan. Add olive oil and chicken bones. Add some water and cook thoroughly.
- In another pan, take some olive oil and pour the chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cook properly.
- For the Marengo sauce, add garlic to the chicken and mix well. Add some cognac. Then add the chicken stock and tomatoes. Let it cook. Make sure the sauce’s consistency is fine.
- Garnish this with your scrambled eggs, croutons. You can also sauté some mushrooms and add them to the dish.
- Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
A skillet or a steel pan will do.
The recipe of chicken Marengo that we have listed above will make 4 servings.
Do not forget to try out the various chicken Marengo recipes mentioned above and tell us how you liked it!