Chicken Noodle Soup is a highly delicious blend of egg noodles immersed in a soothing chicken broth, topped with chicken bits. This flavoursome dish is considered a ‘comfort food’ as it has proven to cure various illnesses like cold, flu, and stomach discomforts. Also, the combination of this luscious soup on hard, winter nights is just what you need to keep yourselves warm and cosy. This soup has some great health benefits too. The variety of vegetables added to this soup is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin K and several minerals and antioxidants.
Listed below is the ultimate recipe of Chicken Noodle Soup, proving to be a perfect cure for your illness.
The Ultimate Chicken Soup Recipe:
The recipe for chicken noodle soup given below is perfect and will leave you craving for more. It will serve as a delicious cure to all your illnesses and miseries!
1. 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, bone-in and skinless
2. 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
3. 8 cups chicken stock
4. 2 tbsp unsalted butter
5. 2 carrots, peeled and diced
6. 1 onion, diced
7. 2 stalks celery, diced
8. 2 bay leaves
9. 3 cloves garlic, minced
10. Kosher salt, to taste
11. Black pepper, freshly ground
12. 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
13. 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
14. 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
1. Take a large stockpot and add in the butter. Allow the butter to melt.
2. Then add in the carrots, celery and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Then mix in the minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute until the mixture is fragrant.
4. Now, whisk in the chicken stock along with the bay leaves and season the concoction with salt and pepper.
5. Add the chicken and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Now lower the heat, cover the stockpot and let the mixture simmer for about 30-40 minutes so that the chicken is cooked evenly.
7. Then, remove the chicken and let it cool before cutting it into bits and getting rid of the bones.
8. Now add the chicken bits to the broth mixture and the egg noodles and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
9. Now, turn off the heat and stir in the chopped parsley and lemon juice.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Your delicious and comforting Chicken Noodle Soup is ready!
Delicious Side-Dishes To Pair Up With Chicken Noodle Soup:
1. Rosemary Bread
To make the Chicken Noodle Soup taste more heavenly and flavorful, you should team it up with some mouth-watering rosemary bread. We have specially selected rosemary bread to pair up this noodle soup with as the flavour of rosemary can make the dish more delicious and irresistible. Another plus point is that this variety of bread is straightforward to make.
2. Mashed Potato Puffs
Another great side dish for the luscious Chicken Noodle soup will have to be Mashed Potato Puffs. This elegant and delicious dish will add more intensity, texture and flavour to the soup and make it tempting! Topped with some cheese, onions and chives, these puffs are pound to leave you satisfied once paired with the soup.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which noodles are the best for chicken noodle soup?
Chinese Egg Noodles are the ideal match for this soup as it is much longer, thinner, and accessible both dried and fresh.
2. How can I add more flavour to Chicken Noodle Soup?
You can add more flavour to this soup by adding some dried chives, dried parsley, garlic powder and onion powder.
3. Do Egg Noodles get mushy in Chicken Noodle Soup?
If you add the egg noodles last, the pasta will not get mushy after the soup is almost cooked. As it is like these noodles to soak water, they will continue to soak up the stock even after the soup is done.