Did you know that Chicken oyster are the most succulent and tenderise part of the Chicken? Well, if you didn’t then voila, you just did! That’s right. So, in case you have been tossing over the most succulent part of the chicken till now, then don’t worry, for now you know the secret! And to all those Chicken Carvers, that have known this and are at cutting board with an apron upon and a Knife in hand. While the others have been tossing salad and appetizers over the table and persistently shouting, ‘Is the chicken ready yet?’ You deserve a glass of wine, some yummy Chicken Oyster and a pat on your back!
Chicken Oyster: The last boss
Chicken Oyster are the best parts of the Chicken, just like the hidden boss in Otome games. These little pair last boss are located right next to the spine of the Chicken. Though the number of oysters in a Chicken is only two but mind you they are some of the juiciest and succulent parts of the chicken. After all, all the good things come in small sizes! Chicken Oyster are dark, tender and juicy in nature and are located on either side of the spine, near the thigh. Quite Sneaky, don’t you think so? They are kind of the chef’s or the cook’s treat. So, next time you go to a restaurant, compliment the chef and who knows he/she might share one of the tender oysters with you? After all, they are two! And even if they don’t, treat yourself with a pair, the next time you roast a chicken. How? By checking out Chicken Oyster recipe given below.
Some yummy Chicken Oyster recipe
Braised Chicken in Oyster Sauce
Add Your Heading Text Here
Chicken Legs: 3 Pcs
– Light Soy sauce: ½ Tablespoon
– Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
– Ginger Knob: 1 Thumb-length
– Garlic Cloves: 3 pcs
– Spring Onions: 3 Stalks
– Scallops, dried: 3 Pcs
– Sesame Oil: 2 Tablespoon
– Chinese Wine: ½ Tablespoon
-Water; 1 ½ Cups
– Chicken Seasoning Powder: 1 Teaspoon
– Oyster Sauce: ½ Tablespoon
– Light Soy Sauce: 2 Teaspoon
– Thick Dark Soy Sauce: ½ Teaspoon
– Sugar: 2 Teaspoon
– Salt to taste
– Corn flour mixed with water: ½ Tablespoon (For thickening)
- Take the chicken and chop it into 3-4 chunks, seasoning with Black Pepper and Light soy sauce and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Now take boil the Scallops in water for about 10 minutes. After it’s done, reserve the scallop water after you drain the scallops from it.
- Take Ginger, garlic, Spring Onions and scallops (Shred them after drained) and mix. Now heat a pan with Sesame oil and sautéed the ingredients along with Chicken chunks until fragrant. After the chunks turn somewhat brownish, pour some Chinese wine and fry them briskly.
- Once done, keep aside. Now take all the ingredient for the sauce except for the cornflour mixture and bring them to a boil in a pan. Once boiled, let the chicken braise in it for a few minutes to achieve the ideal tenderness. However, cover the pan with a lid and cook.
- When done, add the cornflour mixture to the sauce and let it thicken to achieve your desired consistency. Garnish the braised Chicken with spring onions and serve it hot!
Chinese Chicken in Oyster Sause
Chicken (Boneless, Breasts, Thigh,) Chopped: 1 Pound
– Soy Sauce: 2 Tablespoons
– Rice Wine: 1 Tablespoon
– Sesame Oil: 1 Tablespoon
– Corn Starch: 1 Tablespoon
– Corn Starch: 1 ½ Tablespoon
– Water: 1/3 cup
– Dark Soy Sauce: 1 Tablespoon
– Oyster Sauce: 2 Tablespoons
– Sherry, dry: 1 Tablespoons
– Sugar: 1 Teaspoon
– Sesame Oil: 1 Teaspoon
– Canola Oil: 2 Tablespoons
– Garlic: 1 Clove
– Ginger, minced: 1 Teaspoon
– Green Onions, Sliced: 2 Pcs
– Chinese Mushrooms, dried: 3-4 Pcs
– Bamboo Shoots: 1 Can
- First prepare the marinade, gather all the ingredients for the marinade and mix them all together.
- Now toss the Chunks of Chicken and coat it with the marinade, sprinkling corn starch evenly across the meat.
- Once done, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or so.
- Now prepare sauce mix all the ingredients of the sauce in a bowl and whisk them until the sauce turns smooth.
- Now heat a heavy skill with Canola and sautéed Ginger, Garlic and Green onions together. Once done, keep them aside.
- Now repeat the same step with chicken chunks separately. After the chicken is done, get rid of the unwanted marinade and stir fry Mushrooms and bamboo shoots along with the sautéed Garlic, Green Onions and Ginger.
- Once done, add the slightly stir-fried Chicken chunks along with the sauce and let it cook for about a minute or so until the sauce thickens.
- After it’s done, enjoy!
So, now that the cat’s out of the hat, try not to anger any chef in the restaurant while order Chicken or they share their Chef’s treat with you. Just Kidding. Or even if they don’t, don’t worry because, ‘They don’t know that we know they know we know”, right? Jokes aside, Chicken Oyster are really tender and succulent in nature and many don’t know about this secret and in case if you didn’t too, then apologise to all the chicken Oyster that you have thrown and try out this recipe and let us know in the comment how they turn out. So, that we can invite ourselves to your home and gauge upon this tenderise dish.