Chile Relleno is a traditional dish in Mexican cuisine stuffed with cheese or a combination of cheese and meat, coated with eggs and fried until golden brown. To make it healthier, you can roast the chilies instead of frying them in the egg batter. It can also be made lighter by adding black beans and a lip-smacking, homemade rancheros sauce.
This classic Mexican dish is super easy to make, and by following the Chile Rellenos recipe given below, you can make this luscious, mouth-watering appetizer in no time!
The ultimate ingredients required to make this exemplary dish:
1. 6-7 fresh green chile peppers
1. 2 eggs, yolks separated from the whites
2. 8 ounces queso asadero (or white Mexican cheese)
3. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
5. 1 cup vegetable shortening
Directions to make it:
1. Preheat the broiler of the oven. Grab an oven tray and line it with a baking sheet or an aluminum foil. Lay down the peppers onto the tray and leave it in the oven’s broiler for about ten minutes or until the peppers’ skin has blackened. Keep on rotating the peppers frequently to darken all the sides evenly.
2. After all the sides have blistered equally, take the peppers out, place them into a container and wrap them with plastic wrap. Let the peppers cool for about 15 minutes, and then rinse them under cold water to peel their skin. Rip a side of each pepper to get rid of the seeds, wash them thoroughly and then dry them using paper towels.
3. Take a separate bowl, whisk in the egg yolks and add the baking powder. Take another bowl to whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form peaks.
4. Heat the vegetable shortening in a skillet over medium heat. Roll the pepper in flour and dip them into an egg mixture. Coat both sides thoroughly. Fry them lightly until they turn golden brown. Serve with cheese.
This was how you make an authentic Mexican Chile Relleno at once.
How to make Roasted Chile Relleno with black beans?
Recently, I tried the roasted chile Relleno with black beans and instantly forgot about all the other chile Relleno recipes I had ever had. It is so delicious with the right mix of flavors. The best part is that it also features an aroma to die for. You can fall in love with this dish in a moment as it is so simple, quick, and ready to eat.
Ingredients to make it
1. 6 large poblano peppers
2. 6 ripe medium-sized tomatoes
3. 6 thick garlic cloves
4. One large onion
5. 2 small jalapenos
6. 2 tbsp olive oil
For the filling
1. 14 ounces back beans
2. 6 ounces grated cheese
1. 2 tbsp cumin
2. 1 tsp coriander
3. 1 tsp chili powder
4. 1 tsp oregano
5. 1 tsp salt
6. 1 tbsp tomato paste
7. ¼ cup cilantro leaves
8. ¼ cup water
Directions to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Roast the Poblanos and sauce ingredients. Cut the tomatoes and add them. Pour jalapenos, sliced onions, garlic cloves, poblano peppers, and drizzle two sheets with olive oil and seasonings. Place the rack and check every 15 minutes. Once the peppers turn tender, remove them instantly. Check the garlic as well. Continue roasting the tomatoes and onions for around 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Now, make the filling by adding the mixed canned beans with cheese. If you are vegan, you can use herbed tofu ricotta season with salt and pepper. Then, add a teaspoon of cumin and chili powder.
4. As soon as the poblanos are tender, take the sheet out and let it cool.
5. Add the onions and chop them up. Add it into the mixture and stir properly.
6. Now, blend up the roasted ranchos sauce by adding all the ingredients together in a blender.
7. After that, you have to carefully stuff the Poblanos by first peeling off the skin and then placing the peppers over the sauce. Slit the side up and then spoon the black bean filling into all of them. Pour the rest of the sauce over it and garnish it with shredded cheese.
8. Cover with foil and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the cheese turns brown.
9. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is chile Relleno an Italian recipe?
No. Chile Relleno is a Mexican Entrée dish.
2. How many Chile Rellenos can these recipes make?
Typically, all these recipes can serve four people at a time.
3. How long does it take to make the Roasted Chile Relleno with black beans?
It generally takes up to 60 minutes to prepare the roasted chile Relleno with black beans dish. However, if you keep everything ready beforehand, it will consume minimal time.