Cobb Salad is a classic American garden salad named after an American restaurant owner, Robert Cobb. This tossed salad is generally loaded with crispy bacon, grilled or roasted chicken breast, flavorful lettuce, juicy tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, avocados, blue cheese, chives. It is usually served along with a luscious vinaigrette, which takes the salad to another level. This delicious bowl of goodness is packed with proteins, nutritious fats, vitamins, and fibers. It is a versatile salad and is loaded with flavor and deliciousness.
Below is the perfect recipe for delicious Cobb Salad, which can be made at home without any hassle.
How To Make A Nutritious And Flavorful Bowl Of Cobb Salad:
Apart from being nutritious, this salad is very delicious and heavy. Thus there is no need to serve it along with a solid dish. The ingredients required and directions to be followed are elaborately listed below:
For The Cobb Salad:
1. 2 cooked chicken breasts (the breasts must be from a cooked chicken)
2. 6 oz (6 slices) bacon, chopped and browned
3. 2 eggs, hard-boiled
4. 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (you can also use crumbled feta cheese)
5. 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
6. 1 large avocado, sliced
7. 1 medium-head lettuce (5 cups), chopped, washed, and dried
8. 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
9. 2 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
For The Salad Dressing:
1. 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2. 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4. 1 garlic clove, finely minced or pressed
5. 1/4 teaspoon salt
6. 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Take a skillet and add in the bacon. Saute it for 5 minutes until it is browned and crisp in terms of texture.
2. Then transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel and allow it to cool.
3. Now cook the two hard-boiled eggs. Peel them and a quarter.
4. Take the lettuce and then chop it, rinse it and spin-dry it.
5. Now, arrange all the salad ingredients (cooked chicken, crisp bacon, avocados, tomatoes, onion, blue cheese, and eggs) on a platter.
6. Sprinkle some finely chopped parsley over the salad prepared on the platter.
7. For the salad dressing, take a mason jar and add in the dressing ingredients (vinegar, mustard, olive oil, minced garlic clove, salt, and pepper). shake it vigorously.
Note- Drizzle some dressing over the salad just before you are about to serve it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What makes a Cobb salad a Cobb salad?
The ingredients which form the basic infrastructure of Cobb salad are chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, chives, blue cheese, and a delicious vinaigrette. You can also add some shrimp, grilled corn, and peas to make it tastier and alluring. The key ingredient which adds another level of flavor to the salad is an excellent dressing.
2. What did the Cobb Salad get its name from?
The well-known and delicious Cobb salad gets its name from Robert Cobb, the owner of an American restaurant, in 1937. The dish originated one night when Robert just threw many ingredients together and tossed the salad in French dressing.
3. How many calories are there in a Cobb Salad?
A bowl of the traditional Cobb salad offers about 623 calories and 43 grams of fat.
4. How can I make my bowl of Cobb Salad more nutritious?
You can make the Cobb Salad more nutritious and healthy by adding more veggies. You can also make this salad healthier by lowering the content of fattening ingredients like blue cheese, bacon, salad dressing, and avocado.
Named after Robert Howard Cobb, the classic Cobb Salad is delicious and stomach-filling; therefore, it serves as an excellent main-entree salad. The goodness and deliciousness of crisp bacon, roasted chicken, lettuce, eggs, and other ingredients make the salad very compelling. The drizzle of some luscious dressing or vinaigrette over the tossed salad makes it irresistible! You can also serve this fantastic salad with some toasty garlic bread on the side. This will allow you to enrich the delectable taste of this mood-enhancing salad.