Are you a sweet tooth? Or do you love to bake? We have got a fantastic and lip-smacking Cosmic brownie dessert for you. Brownies are always a crowd-puller. People from all age groups simply love to grab brownies. Some favourite brownie recipes that attract many people include Nutella brownies, Mug brownies, and Oreo brownies. This dessert is a perfect snack for picnics and school lunches.
Cosmic brownie is a brownie that is very fudgy and thick. Topped with ganache and candies, this recipe brings out the best dessert ever tasted. They can be served with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of smooth vanilla ice cream. The alluring look of this brownie creates an obsession for sweet lovers. The fun fact of this recipe is that it merely takes 15 minutes to prepare the essential ingredients and 70 minutes to cook.
The recipe for Cosmic brownie was first launched by The Little Debbie Snack Company in 1957. This particular recipe is used for both Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies and Classic Little Debbie brownies. But, there is a hairline difference between both the brownies. The recipe for Classic brownie has walnut toppings, while the formula for Cosmic brownies has candies.
Ingredients To Prepare Cosmic Brownie
Add these following items to your grocery shopping list for making amazing Cosmic brownies.
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter
- Two large eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- Two teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Two tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (natural)
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- One and ½ cups of sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of M&M candies
- ½ cup heavy cream
Instructions To Cook Cosmic Brownie
The recipe for Cosmic brownie is extremely finger-licking. They are effortless to cook, and even newbie cooks can make these tasty brownies. Follow the below-mentioned steps, and you will be tasting the best brownies ever!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a 9*9 inch pan and foil it nicely.
- With a non-stick, spray the pan.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk butter along with sugars, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Then add cocoa powder and keep whisking until it becomes smooth enough.
- Slowly add flour and whisk until the batter gets combined thoroughly.
- Spread this batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake this batter for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check whether it is completely baked, insert a toothpick in the center of the bowl. If the toothpick comes out clean, the batter is baked.
- Take a medium saucepan and heat cream in it.
- Add chocolate chips to it and keep stirring it.
- Pour this prepared ganache on top of the brownies.
- Take an offset spatula and smoothen the top of the brownie.
- Sprinkle some M&M candies on the top.
- Refrigerate the brownies until the ganache is set.
And with this, your amazing Cosmic brownies are ready to be served. Serve them with a scoop of Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream and check on the wow reaction of your guests!.
Nutritional Calculation Of Cosmic Brownies
One bowl of Cosmic brownie has the following nutritional calculation:
- Calories – 419 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 47 gms
- Protein – 4 gms
- Fat – 25 gms
- Saturated fat – 15 gms
- Trans fat – 1 gm
- Cholesterol – 73 mg
- Sodium – 23 mg
- Sugar – 37 gms
- Vitamin A – 556 IU
- Vitamin C – 1 mg
- Calcium – 43 mg
- Iron – 2 mg
- Potassium – 178 mg
- Fiber – 2g
Some Ingredient Notes and Shopping Tips For Cosmic Brownies
- Cocoa Powder – the recipe for Cosmic brownies mentioned in this article does not have any leavening agent like baking soda. To make delicious Cosmic brownies, you can use the regular, unsweetened cocoa powder or the Dutch-processed cocoa powder. Hershey’s natural and unsweetened cocoa powder is the most recommended while making this recipe.
- Flour – while measuring the flour, use a cup and level it with a table knife. Do not dip the measuring cup into the flour as it can give more flour than required.
- M&M’s – the topmost layer of Cosmic brownies has favorite candies. In order to give an authentic look to your Cosmic brownies, you can use Rainbow Crunch Chips instead of M&M’s candies. They look very similar to each other and even taste the same. Other colorful toppings like sprinklers can also be included, along with chocolate-covered sunflower seeds.
Storage Of Cosmic Brownies
- The fantastic Cosmic brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They remain unaffected if stored correctly in an airtight container. Tupperware dishes or pans with aluminum foils are the best containers to store Cosmic brownies.
- If you plan to store Cosmic brownies for up to three months, you can freeze them in a freezer baggie. Before serving these frozen brownies, make sure to thaw them at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. They are perfect for quenching your cravings for chocolates.
Tips And Tricks For Making Best Cosmic Brownies
- Over mixing of ingredients can lead to tough brownies. Stir the flour until they are perfectly combined. This can give the softest brownies with tender crumbs.
- To ease in cutting and cleaning up, bake Cosmic brownies only in the pan, lined with foil.
- Always consider cutting brownies with a plastic knife as they are naturally non-stick. To get the best results, wipe the blade between the cuts.
- To check whether the Cosmic brownies are done, take a toothpick and insert it in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, your brownies are perfectly baked. If you notice any batter on the toothpick, consider baking it for another two to three minutes.
The Bottom Line
Cosmic brownies are one of the favorite snacks for people who have a sweet tooth. They bring out the best for themselves when served with ice-cold milk or scoops of ice cream. The recipe for Cosmic brownie is loved by everyone. They are easy to cook, and the ingredients required to bake this brownie are regularly available. So, whenever you are in a fix regarding dessert, consider trying out this recipe.