Cream Cheese is a soft, velvety, and spreadable cheese made from cream and milk. It has a mildly sweet taste with a satisfying little tangy relish. It is an acceptable source of Vitamin A and Vitamin B12.
Cream cheese has a high-fat content, low carbohydrate, and protein content. It is considered to be an excellent addition to sweet as well as savory dishes. The addition of cream cheese to desserts is what makes it more heavenly! Nothing can beat a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting; that combination is irresistible! Cream cheese is also the star of a very well-known dessert, which is loved and admired by all cheesecake!
Given below is the ultimate guide on how to make cream cheese quickly and without any hassle.
How to make Cream Cheese:
1. 2 cups Milk, full-fat milk is recommended
2. 2 cups Fresh cream
3. 1/2 tsp salt
4. 4 tbsp vinegar/lemon juice
5. 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1. Take a heavy bottom saucepan. Add in the cream, milk, and salt. Bring this mixture to a slight boil.
2. Then add 2 tbsp of vinegar/lemon juice and stir continuously.
3. At a medium-low flame, add the rest of the vinegar while stirring the mixture.
4. You will notice that the mixture has started to curdle. Let it come to a simmer.
5. Now strain this mixture using a muslin cloth and let it rest unattended for at least 15 minutes.
6. Now, add the strained mixture to a food processor. Then add the vanilla essence and whisk it until you get a velvety and luscious consistency.
Note- if you think that your cream cheese is too dry in terms of texture, you can always add n the strained liquid until you get the consistency you are looking for.
Some delicious recipes with Cream Cheese as the critical ingredient:
1. Blackberry White Chocolate cheesecake
As delicious and alluring as this dish sounds, it is also super-easy to make and does not create chaos. The combination of white chocolate and blackberry is what makes this dessert extraordinarily irresistible and desirable. The buttery, crumbly graham cracker crust, along with a rich, velvety cream cheese filling, makes this dessert divine and enticing! This dessert is liked by people of all age groups and can be served at any party or gathering, where it will surely seize the day!
2. Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This dish is another mind-blowing masterpiece that stars cream cheese as frosting and incorporates a lot of carrots. Though the addition of carrots in a cake may seem weird to some people, it does not taste weird at all! On the contrary, it tastes just the opposite of weird; it tastes fantastic! This cake is straightforward to make and can be prepared without any hassle. You can also add some raisins and cinnamon to give this dish a more delicious turn.
3. Cream Cheese Alfredo Pasta
This dish is just full of cheesy goodness, which will send you to cloud 9! The irresistible combination of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cream cheese is enough to lighten up your mood. You can also add in some delicious mushrooms and garlic to make this dish more aromatic and flavoursome. It is rich and luscious in terms of texture and is adored by everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is cream cheese good for my health?
Yes, cream cheese is perfect for your health as it contains vitamins like vitamins A and riboflavin in abundance. However, it is high in fat and has a small carbohydrate and protein content.
2. Are cream cheese and cottage cheese the same?
No, cream cheese and cottage cheese are different as while cottage cheese is entirely made of milk, cream cheese is made of both cream and milk in the ratio of 2:1.
3. What does cream cheese taste like?
Cream cheese is mildly sweet in terms of taste and has a slightly tangy flavor too.