The egg diet plan has been doing the rounds for quite some time now. This one is a diet that focuses on consuming egg-based meals primarily. However, one can also intake other healthy fruits and vegetables, depending on the diet plan. While many people have found it helpful, we believe that it comes with its set of pros and cons.
Let us take you through a detailed study on this diet plan before you head out to work on it. Towards the end of this article, you will find yourself knowing all about this diet plan and whether it is a smart choice for you.
What is an egg diet plan?
The egg diet plan is a weight loss program that requires you to eat only egg-based meals commonly. The diet plan focuses on reducing your weight without affecting muscle mass. Such a diet comes in many versions today that range from a 14-day egg diet, Keto egg diet to many more. While you follow this diet plan, you should avoid starchy foods, sweets, dairy products, and even high-calorie beverages. However, the egg diet does not refrain you from gorging on those delicious grilled chicken recipes, fish, and steamed veggies.
Pros and cons of egg diet plan
The egg diet may or may not sound effective. However, there is a way to measure its perks. We are creating some pros and cons of this diet plan to help you make a smart choice for yourself. Such a thing will also enable you to understand how effective this diet plan may be.
- An affordable diet plan- Most diet plans are expensive. The powders, protein shakes, and other groceries may cost far more than an egg diet. That is why the egg diet plan is an affordable diet plan when compared to others. As a result, this diet plan does not rely on any branded products or supplements. Everything is organic. So, this one could be suitable for those who do not want to spend a fortune on weight loss.
- Instant weight loss- People who follow this diet plan’s instructions notice fast weight loss. Such a thing occurs because this diet plan includes only low-calorie foods that do not affect your health at all.
- Dense in nutrients- The egg diet plan is a wholesome plan that allows you to gain several nutrients at once. Although it offers minimal carbs, it is high in protein, Choline, Vitamin D, and even Lutein. One can derive many other nutrients from this diet plan.
1. Low energy levels- Since this diet plan provides minimal carbs, people may find themselves in a loss of energy. So, most people give up on this diet in the middle due to this problem.
2. Digestion issues- Lack of fibre in the body may again result in indigestion issues. As a result, you may find yourself in constant need of visiting the washroom. Constipation and Lose motion may affect your body severely.
3. Cholesterol increases- Consuming three eggs a day has been deemed as safe. However, the egg diet plan requires you to eat eggs throughout the day. As a result, you may find your cholesterol increasing faster. Such a thing can result in many health conditions.
What to eat during your egg diet plan?
If you want to stick to the egg diet plan, you must know what you should eat and avoid eating. Such a thing will help you to make the most of your diet plan without any hindrance.
Although eggs are the primary food to focus on, there are minimal restrictions on fruits and vegetables. So, you can intake non-starchy vegetables like mushrooms, peppers, and broccoli. Apart from that, you can also consume lean proteins mainly, poultry and fish. Leafy green vegetables are significant to incorporate into your diet. Spinach and kale are the perfect additions for this purpose. However, there is ample restriction on beverages. Water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea are the only beverages you can consume.
Now, make sure that you do not consume alcohol, sugar, and sweets. These can be harmful to your egg diet and can severely hamper all your efforts in it. Fried foods, milk, and juices are also strictly forbidden.
Is the egg diet a smart choice?
Careful research shows that eggs are a resourceful addition to your everyday meal. However, too many eggs in a day are not a good idea. Since the egg diet also misses vital nutrients such as fibre. That is another reason why you need to be more careful. Apart from that, due to low carbs, there are fewer energy levels in the body. As a result, you will not have the potential to work out regularly. Such a thing also leaves you with minimal room for good metabolism.
Overall, the egg diet plan may not be the best choice for you. It is neither high in calcium nor fibre. Thus, you are bound to fall weak at some point. So, we advise you to seek medical guidance before you move ahead with any diet plan. Such a thing will ensure your health and safety at its best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the egg diet plan high in cholesterol?
Yes, it is.
2. What oils can I use for this diet?
Avocado and olive oil are nutrient-dense oil. Thus, use them for this diet plan.
3. Does the egg diet offer minerals?
Yes, it does.