The Chinese-inspired egg fried rice is the perfect way to kickstart any meal. It is sumptuous, full of colorful veggies and eggs for protein. A total of 10 minutes is enough to turn this dish from nothing to something heavenly. Whether you have kids at home or older people, everyone is bound to love this recipe that comes with an assortment of ingredients.
So, whenever you run out of a yummy meal, whisk up this gobble-worthy egg fried rice right away. Let us show you how to do it right!
Restaurant-style egg fried rice, now in your home
Sometimes, the same kind of fried rice recipes can get monotonous. No one likes to gorge on the same dish time and again. That is why we have come up with this exotic egg fried rice that almost feels like you just ordered it from a restaurant. When you eat this fried rice recipe, you will get lost in its taste and stay fuller for longer. The nutrients that the veggies and eggs have to offer also make this dish so special. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or a fancy brunch, you can incorporate this dish into any meal instantly.
Perfect your favorite egg fried rice recipe
Even after people copy the restaurant-style recipes, they find it challenging to recreate the dish in the same manner. That is because there are a few essential tips to consider that restaurants will never tell you. Of course, they do not just toss stuff into a pan and cook it up. There are many intelligent strategies they use to bring that flavor into the dish and make it gobble-worthy. Today, we will help you unravel the same.
Ingredients to make egg fried rice recipe
1. 3 tbsp butter
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 medium carrots
4. 1 small white onion
5. ½ cup frozen peas
6. Salt and black pepper
7. 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
8. 3 green onions
9. 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce
10. 2 teaspoon Oyster sauce
11. ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
How to make it?
Take a large sauté pan and heat butter in it. Do this over medium flame until the butter melts. Now, add eggs until you scramble them. Stir occasionally. Directly transfer the eggs to a different plate.
In the same pan, now add some more butter and melt it. Toss the veggies into the pan. Add carrots, garlic, onions, peas, and seasonings. Sautee for about five minutes until your veggies turn soft and cook well. Now, you can increase the medium flame to high. Add more butter and melt. Now, add the rice, green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir well until combined. You can now add the eggs. Also, season with soy sauce after turning off the flame.
Serve immediately. You can also refrigerate it if you want.
Tips for the best-fried rice recipe
1. Make variations- Fried rice recipes are always open to more customizations. You can toss in some chicken shreds, shrimps, and even kimchi to make it taste better. You can also add your favorite vegetables and adjust the spices as per your taste. Make sure that the customization you make to this recipe leaves you wanting more of it forever.
2. Cook chilled rice- When you cook chilled rice, it adds more flavor to your dish. The rice tastes better, and you enjoy it more. Also, you can incorporate any rice you want. If you eat brown rice, you can use that as well. It is up to you.
3. Don’t use high heat- If you keep your flame high all the time, it will be a problem for you. The butter may burn, the veggies may overcook, and you may end up destroying this fried rice recipe. So, follow the instructions to adjust the stove accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add some extra soy sauce?
Yes, you can. However, make sure you do this at the end to help bring more flavor to your recipe.
2. Can I use oil instead of butter?
Yes, However, keep in mind that butter may be a healthier alternative for you.
3. Is the recipe delicious?
Yes, without a doubt!