Amidst all my favourite midnight cravings, pudding tops the list. No matter the flavours, the lip-smacking taste of this dessert is all you need. If you too are a pudding fan just like I am, the recipes that we are going to show you today are going to be your ultimate saviour.
Let’s take a look at the ultimate egg pudding recipes that you can gobble on without a pang of guilt!
Egg Pudding recipe to savour to your heart’s content
Every cook adores a dish that is not only easy to cook but convenient to serve a large crowd together. The egg pudding recipe is one such dish that you can prepare within no time and serve a large crowd without much hassle. Since this one is my family’s favourite, I can assure your family will love this dessert. Serve this recipe after lunch and you will become the talk of the town instantly. Let us check out the ingredients to prepare the dish:
Ingredients to make egg pudding recipe
1. 4 eggs
2. 2 slice bread
3. 500ml milk
4. 8 tbsp sugar
5. 2 tsp Vanilla
For the caramel topping
6. ¼ cup sugar
Instructions to make egg pudding recipe
- Pour milk in a pan and add sugar. Stir well until well combined. Let it boil for a few minutes but do not leave it aside as it can burn. Prepare in medium flame.
- Cut out the edges of your bread and make small pieces of them. Drop them into the milk mixture that is boiling.
- Once done, leave the mixture to cool down properly.
- At this point, take a mould to prepare the caramel topping.
- On a low flame, pour some sugar and keep cooking it until it caramelizes. Let it cool once done.
- Let your mixture soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, beat the eggs and vanilla together until they combine. Add this into the mixture you prepared earlier. Mix everything properly. Once done, pour the caramelized mixture.
- Steam for an hour or less until it cooks properly.
- Once the dessert cools, invert it on a plate. The top will be golden brown at this point. This indicates that your dessert has turned out perfect.
- Serve your egg pudding recipe.
Japanese Egg Pudding to make your taste buds water
Also known as Japanese Purin, this Pudding is smooth, creamy and soft. Full of right flavours that will make you want more every time; the Japanese Egg pudding is a show-stealer at any party. Make sure the next time you are hosting a party, you serve this dessert to gain massive appreciation. Let us check out the recipe for this one:
Ingredients to make Japanese Egg pudding
For the Caramel
1. ¼ cup sugar
2. 1 tbsp water at room temperature
3. 1 tbsp water hot
For the Pudding
1. 1 cup whole fat milk
2. ¼ cup sugar
3. 2 large eggs
4. 1 egg yolk
5. 1 tsp Vanilla
Serve with topping of your choice.
Instructions to make Japanese Egg Pudding
- Preheat the oven at 300 F. Bring water to boil for the water bath. Also, make two ramekins ready for the pudding.
- Take a small saucepan and add sugar with a pint of water. Keep stirring properly until the sugar turns brown. Do not leave it aside as the sugar can burn in seconds. Make sure your gas is at medium or low flame for safe caramelization.
- Once the caramel is ready, pour it into the ramekins immediately.
- Now, for the pudding, you need to take a small saucepan and add milk with sugar. Over medium flame, keep stirring the mixture thoroughly and let it boil. Remove from the heat once the sugar is dissolved.
- Now, beat the eggs with Vanilla in a separate bowl. Gradually, whisk warm cream into eggs. Strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Pour custard into the ramekins and bake for around 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside. Let it cool overnight in the fridge.
8. Serve Japanese Egg pudding chilled.
Egg Pudding bubble tea to quench your cravings
If you are a true pudding lover, this recipe is going to be your favourite. Let us check out how to prepare the egg pudding bubble tea:
1. 3/4 cup half & half cream (10% milkfat)
2. 1 tsp. gelatine
3. 1/4 cup water
4. 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. granulated sugar
5. 3 egg (yolks)
Instructions to make Egg pudding bubble tea
1. Add gelatine to water and keep aside.
2. On low heat, try to heat the cream. Make sure it is hot but not simmering.
3. Now, separate the egg yolks with white and put the yolks in a separate bowl. Add in sugar, and beat them together until they combine well.
4. Turn off the heat and add hot cream to the sugar mixture you prepared.
5. Pour the previous mixture into the pot with the remaining cream. Turn on the gas and heat the mixture. Whisk the egg yolks for around 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Now take the heated pot and gelatine. Whisk well until the gelatine melts.
7. Pour the mixture into a container and refrigerate overnight.
8. Serve the egg pudding bubble tea the next morning!
The bottom line
These were some of the best egg pudding recipes that you can gorge on to your heart’s content. Do not forget to try them out at home.
Ingredients to make this recipe are:
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup milk
¼ cup of sugar
¼ cup sugar for the caramel
It generally takes around 30 to 40 minutes to cook.