The best egg salad sandwich isn’t one that is dipped in mayo. Too much of anything in a recipe is a strict no-no for me. So, whenever I walk into a restaurant that serves egg sandwiches, I generally give it a pass. But the egg sandwich recipe that I will list down in this blog is all it takes to whip up a delicious and nutritious breakfast in minimal time.
It offers the right mix of garlic and butter with just the right amounts of eggs in the middle. So, there is no way it isn’t going to make you want more.
Making the perfect egg salad sandwich can’t get any better
Many people who have followed my recipe over the years have left long paragraphs on how it never turned out perfectly for them. So, first things first, I do not use any secret ingredient to make it. The only secret ingredient I use is a pint of intelligence to retain the flavors correctly. I’ll show you how!
Cook the eggs right
Many-a-times, we boil the eggs so much that the yolk turns grey or the yellowness becomes too dry. That is what you have to avoid here. I cook the eggs in such a manner that the yolk remains moist. So, to sum up, you have to avoid over-cooking the egg. Please pay attention to how long you are cooking the egg as it has a massive role to play. Oh, and once your eggs are done, remove them into an icy bowl.
Let the trick do the talking.
Crunch plays a massive role in any good sandwich recipe. That is why I like to make sure that my sandwiches are well-toasted and the eggs are slightly crunchy. Fresh lettuce leaves will add more flavor and crunch to the existing sandwich recipe, and that is all it takes to make the best egg sandwich recipe ever.
A dollop of sauce is a win-win.
Sometimes, I like to give my egg sandwich recipe is a slight twist of flavors. That is when I use a dollop of burger sauce to complete the dish. Trust me; burger sauce is all it takes for me to get my egg sandwich recipe right. You can also use mayo or cheese sauce when you want. But make sure you do not add too much of it.
Good quality eggs are a must.
When you want to make a good egg salad sandwich recipe, you want to make sure that the eggs are of good quality. Since they are the main denominator of the formula, you do not want them to be lagging. So, invest in quality eggs and let them do all the talking.
Ingredients to make the perfect egg salad sandwich
- Six large eggs
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- One stalk celery, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- A pint of lemon juice
- Two small handfuls of lettuce
- Eight slices of whole-grain bread
- Two cloves of garlic, peeled
Instructions to make the perfect egg salad sandwich
1. Boil the eggs. Make sure you do not overcook them. Let them cool down by removing them into an icy bowl. Then, crack and peel the eggs.
2. Add the yogurt or mayo, mustard, seasonings, celery, onion, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mash with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Make sure you do not overdo the mixing.
3. Now, rub the toast with garlic, place the lettuce on them, and the egg salad mixture. Finish by creating a second piece of toast. Repeat with the remaining slices.
4. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add customizations of my choice?
Yes. You can customize this sandwich recipe but make sure you do not overdo it.
2. Is this sandwich recipe nutritious?
Without a doubt!
3. Can you name some egg sandwich variants?
Curried egg with salad sandwich and Chickpea salad sandwich is the best egg sandwich variants to try at home.