If you are a corn and street food lover, then without wasting any time, grab the crunchiest Elote recipe. It is a Mexican street corn dish known for its different flavors. The word Elote is marked as eh – Loh – tay, which is preferred in the summer season. Once you relish one bite of the crunchy corn, you will feel addicted to the dish. No wonder you can imagine yourself in the streets of Mexico city grabbing the tastiest snack.
So, do not miss out on this great recipe! Elote is a perfect combination of mayonnaise on the top with lime and chili powder. In addition to this, you will also find Cojita cheese and Cilantro. With mixed spiciness, tanginess, and saltiness flavors, Elote is a bit of a messy recipe. Let us go through the guide on making finger-licking Elote at home.
Ingredients Required To Prepare Elote Recipe
The taste and authenticity of any dish come from its essence and flavor. Elote is a flavorsome dish with minimal ingredients. The list of raw components is so tiny that you can make it in no time. Here is the grocery shopping list you need to keep while preparing Elote.
- 4 ears of grilled corn
- 1 ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder (plus a little more for sprinkling)
- ¼ teaspoon of Kosher salt or refined salt
- 2 ounces of finely grated Cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Cilantro
Step-By-Step Instruction To Cook Elote Recipe
Do you know it is super easy to make Elote? Novice chefs and professional chefs cook Elotes in no time. Go through the below-mentioned steps and make this lip-smacking snack perfectly.
- Begin with grilling the corn nicely. While grilling, blend mayo sauce, Cilantro, Cotija, and chili powder.
- Take two small bowls. In the first bowl, mix cheese and Cilantro. In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne, and salt.
- As soon as your corn is ready, brush the mayonnaise mixture on one side of the corn.
- Take a plate and sprinkle the Cotija mixture constantly, turning the corn. This step could be slightly messy but do not skip on it.
- Repeat the same steps with the remaining corn. Also, you can use the excess cheese and Cotija mixture on the plate.
- Sprinkle a pinch of chili powder on the top for spiciness. You can avoid it if you want to make the corn extra spicy.
And here you go! Your lip-smacking Elote recipe is ready to be served warm and fresh. It is the best dish to have in the early or late evenings. As a quick filling recipe, Elote blends fantastically with salads and mocktails. If you haven’t tried the recipe yet, then why wait? Hurry up and make Elote today!
Nutritional Calculation Of Elote Recipe
One-time preparation of the super tasty soup yields 8 servings. Per serving has the following nutritional value.
- Calories – 165 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 22 gms
- Proteins – 4 gms
- Fat – 9 gms
- Saturated Fat – 1 gms
- Cholesterol – 1 mg
- Sodium – 325 mg
- Potassium – 247 mg
- Sugar – 5 gms
- Vitamin A – 1700 IU
- Vitamin C – 5.4 mg
- Calcium – 23 mg
- Iron – 1 mg
Success Tips To Make Top-Notch Elote Recipe
Are you looking for a complete guide to help you make the best Elotes? Check out the under-mentioned tips and tricks for a restaurant-quality Elote.
- As grilled corn gives an extra flavor to the dush, you can also use boiled corn on the cob. Make sure you heat it on the gas stove slightly before brushing the mayo mixture.
- Try to use a variety of chili powders like ancho, chipotle, guajillo, and Tajin.
- If you are health conscious and feel that mayonnaise can increase your weight, consider using sour cream. It tastes similar and is much healthier. Moreover, Greek Yogurt works the same.
- In case you want to transform the dish into a dairy-free recipe, rather than using Cotija, use vegan Parmesan cheese. Either you can altogether avoid Cotija or use a minimal quantity of it.
- Many people who would love to try this recipe might be vegan. In such a case, you can omit Cotija cheese and use vegan Parmesan cheese. Also, you can use vegan sour cream instead of mayonnaise.
What Goes Best With The Elote Recipe?
Elotes are very popular on the streets of Mexico City. The vendors sell elotes as ‘little cravings’ on the local market streets. As it is a Mexican-inspired recipe, it goes well for snacks and appetizers. These dishes are apt for quick-filling hunger and supper. Here are a few entrees which perfectly combine with Elotes.
- A bowl of fresh Black Bean Burritos
- Chilaquiles Rojos or Chilaquiles Verdes
- Veggie Blak Bean Enchiladas
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- Crispy Mushroom, Spinach, and Avocado Quesadillas
- Easy Black Bean Tacos
- Epic Vegetarian Tacos
Other Mexican-Inspired Recipes To Gorge On Today!
Mexican dishes are a perfect blend of spiciness, tanginess, and savory. The dishes are known for their attractive presentation and mouth-watering flavors. The essence of the dish makes it a delightful treat. Apart from trying out the Elote recipe, you must check out the below-mentioned Mexican dishes for your family.
- Black Beans Burritos Bowl
- Fresh Herbed Avocado Salad
- Mexican Green Salad with Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
The Final Takeaway
The Elote recipe is a simple Mexican corn street dish that is a staple for the scorching summer heat. Besides this, it is super easy to make at home also. The tangy, creamy sauce, crumbled cheese, and spicy chili powder make a perfect blend. There is no sophisticated way to eat this messy corn dish. Moreover, there are multiple variations you can apply to your recipe as per your preference. Elote works like a wonder on every menu, from small-town events to large gatherings. Pair it with Carne Asada, Grilled Salsa Verde Chicken, and Fish Tacos, and watch your guests go wow! Do try making this recipe today for your friends and family.