Most families find it better to relish their comfort foods daily. However, even these comfort foods may soon turn into a living nightmare when consumed daily. That is why you should not mind trying out a few exciting variations now and then to break the monotony.
Fish taco with slaws is the ultimate happy place for every taco lover. The fresh shredded vegetables, delicious fish wrapped in crispy tacos make this dish such a favourite among everyone. Above all, they come in excellent variants that are sure to make you want more right away.
How to make Fish tacos with honey-lime cilantro Slaw?
An easy, fresh, and lip-smacking recipe, this fish taco slaw recipe is all you need to gorge on something healthy. These are gluten-free and irresistible for all the right reasons. The yummy mix of flavours will make you jump for them right away and keep wanting more. Season them with Jalapenos, fresh lemon wedges, and you are ready to rock and roll. All it takes is 35 minutes to whisk into this beautiful recipe that it is.
1. For the Fish
· 1 1/2 lbs. cod (about 4 (6oz) fillets), thawed if frozen
· 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
· 1/2 tsp cumin
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp onion powder
· 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil (or another high-heat oil)
2. For the Cilantro Slaw
· 2 cups shredded green cabbage or coleslaw mix
· 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
· 1/4 cup cilantro
· Juice of 1 lime (1–2 Tbsp)
· 1/2 Tbsp honey
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Prepare the Cabbage slaw
Take a medium bowl and add the green and white cabbage into it. Add cilantro, lemon juice, and honey. Also, add the seasonings to it. Stir well and set aside.
2. Now, take another bowl and add all the ingredients for the fish into it. Add the fish in a shallow container and pat dry with a towel. Rub with all your seasonings blend.
3. Heat Avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Work it in batches and cook the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes until the fish is opaque. Repeat with the remaining fish and section them for tacos.
4. Now assemble your tacos, fish slaw into corn tortillas. Add the favourite extras and serve. You can also drizzle your favourite sauce as per preference.
How to make Fish Taco with creamy chipotle cabbage slaw?
This delicious dish can be ready to cook in 25 minutes and can serve four people straight for you. So, if you have a small family to feed, you cannot want anything more than this sumptuous dish.
For the slaw
1. 4 cups shredded green cabbage
2. 2 medium carrots
3. 1 small red onion
4. 3 large scallions
5. 1 jalapeno
6. ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
7. ½ cup plain yogurt
8. ¼ cup fresh lime juice
9. 2 tbsps. granulated sugar
10. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
11. 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
12. Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the fish tacos
1. 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2. 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
3. 1-pound mild white fish
4. 3 tbsps. olive oil
For the assembly
1. 8 small corn tortillas
2. Cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Combine the cabbages, carrots, scallions, and jalapeno in a bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice and vinegar, sugar, cumin, and chipotle powder.
3. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before servings and up to 2 days.
4. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, chipotle powder, and one teaspoon salt. Pat each fish fillet dries in the flour mixture.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and place two fillets in it. Gently fry for 6 minutes until the underside of the fish turns opaque. Use a spatula to flip the fillets and cook the fish. Drain the excess oil in the pan.
6. To serve each fish fillet, heat tortillas in a clean skillet in batches. Flip them and serve.
7. Assemble the tacos and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are these Fish Tacos recipes healthy?
Yes. Both the recipes are delicious and super-healthy.
2. Can I customize the fish taco with slaw?
Yes, you can customize them. However, please do not overdo it, as it can take away from this recipe’s specialty.