Everyone dreams of wholeheartedly enjoying a fancy dish now and then. Since it is impossible to hit the restaurants that often due to the COVID 19 crisis, we usually wish to prepare those fancy dishes ourselves. But, most elegant words are not easy to make. They are intricate and versatile, leaving the people craving for more. But there are a handful of sophisticated dishes which are easy to make while simultaneously being extremely tasty. One of those dishes includes French toast.
French Toast: A Classic Dish Loved By All:
During bad days, all you need is some delicious french toast along with a soothing cup of tea or coffee to live the moment to the fullest. Throw in a copy of your favorite book, and you are all set. It also serves as a great breakfast or brunch dish, which everyone in your family will surely enjoy. If you are hosting an elegant breakfast that includes your loved ones, this dish will be your go-to option, along with an assortment of freshly cut fruits, everyone’s favorite juices, and some hashbrowns. Add a variety of omelets, scrambled eggs, and chocolates for the kids, and you will be the talk of the hour.
We have provided below every information you will require to ace the making of this exceptional dish, so make sure to read this article until the very end. You are sure to be amazed by every intricate detail mentioned and will want to try out this dish.
1. 6 thick slices of bread
2. 2/3 cup milk
3. 2 eggs
4. 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
5. 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
6. 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
7. Salt, to taste
Directions To Follow:
1. Firstly, you must take a bowl and add the eggs, milk, salt, vanilla extract, and the spices mentioned above.
2. Mix them well until combined.
3. Now, take a skillet or a girdle and apply oil on its surface.
4. Then heat the skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to be completely hot.
5. Now, take a slice of bread and dip it in the egg mixture you prepared earlier. Allow both sides of the portion to be completely soaked. Do this with every slice.
6. Proceed to place each slice in the pan and allow them to cook until they turn golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!
Some Tips To Keep In Mind While Preparing French Toast:
We have proceeded to jot down some essential and practical tips you should surely keep in mind while preparing this dish. These tips will allow you to make this dish perfect and irresistible.
1. If you want to add more flavor to this dish, do not use regular bread. As bread is the key ingredient of this dish, you should choose something other than traditional bread. Go for banana, Brioche, French, Italian, or cinnamon-raisin bread to contribute to the deliciousness of the toast.
2. Cut the bread slices about half an inch thick and luxuriously soak them in the egg mixture for better taste and texture. Also, the wider the slice, the better the absorption of the mix.
3. Make sure to find good maple syrup and not one which is either “breakfast” or “pancake” maple syrup. Go for the natural sweeteners.
4. To make the dish more toasty and rich, make sure to grease the pan with a combination of butter and oil. This will give the bread a good texture and will toast it well.
5. Remember to use a non-stick pan to prevent the bread soaked with the egg mixture from sticking and creating a mess.
Some Mind-blowing French Toast Dishes Which Will Leave You Amazed:
We have tried to arrange a few dishes which are sure to blow your mind with their remarkableness and wow factor.
1. Filled With The Goodness Of Chocolate:
This dish is sure to bedazzle you as it is not a regular dessert; it is a dessert filled with something everyone adores- chocolate! It is pretty different too. Standard french toast involves dipping the bread in an egg mixture prepared manually. But here, the bread is soaked in hot chocolate. That’s right!
Additionally, delicious and irresistible chocolate ganache is spread between two slices of bread. If you are a chocolate lover, this dessert is meant to be your soulmate. You can also top the dish with some sprinkles, marshmallows, and chocolate chips if you can’t get enough chocolate. We can say one thing for sure- if you prepare this dish for them, your kids are surely going to love you more.
2. In the form of blueberry-filled roll-ups
Blueberry-flavored french toast roll-ups are a great twist on the classic version of it. The standard version will seem to be boring in front of these delicious roll-ups. Filled with the goodness of cream cheese and fresh blueberries, this dish will leave you craving for more. Slathering these roll-ups with butter and cinnamon sugar will prove to be a bold and practical choice. With some soothing maple syrup on the side, this dish is sure to serve as a great breakfast. You can also make this dish using various berries like raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries, as these go well with cream cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why do we put milk in french toast?
We mix milk along with the eggs to prepare this dish to add some moist richness. If you do not combine milk, you will get the taste of uncooked eggs, which no one wants.
2. How long should I soak the bread in the egg mixture?
You should soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. What is the most preferred kind of bread we should use for making french toast?
Brioche is the kind of bread most preferred to make this dish as it is thick and has a moist crumb.