A delicious fried egg sandwich never goes wrong. The irresistible flavours and the lip-smacking aroma leave us no choice but to lick every bit of it. Whether you are looking for the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner, this sandwich is an all-rounder.
But chances are that if you keep having the same sandwich every time, you might get bored of it soon. To help you never get over this tasty dish, we have created a recipe that will change the game forever.
Let us check out the best-ever fried egg sandwich recipe straight out from our master cookbook!
Whisk the eggs into your favourite recipe
The best-fried egg sandwich is one such recipe that you can create anytime, anywhere. All you need to know is how to light the stove and fry an egg. Moreover, the ingredients are most likely to be available in your kitchen so, you do not have to run errands for it. The best part about this dish is that it offers a host of tasty layers. This will make you bite into each layer and quench all your cravings at once. Make sure to follow the recipe correctly to avoid any complications. Oh, and don’t shy away from customizing the sandwich by adding your favourite toppings.
Ingredients for the best-fried egg sandwich
1. 2 to 8 thin slices of Cheddar cheese
2. 2 thick slices sourdough bread
3. Olive Oil (You can also use butter in place of it)
4. 1 large egg
5. Salt and ground black pepper
6. Cooked bacon (You can also use ham) 7. Hot sauce
Instructions to make the best-fried egg sandwich
1. Pre-heat the broiler so that the food cooks conveniently. Add the cheese between the slices of bread and put them on the baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet under the broiler and make sure that the cheese melts. Once that happens, move on to the next step.
2. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil on medium heat. After about 20 seconds, crack the egg into the utensil in which you are heating the oil. Now reduce the heat and let the egg sit until the white sets properly. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the melted cheese toasts from the broiler and put it on a plate. Now place the egg carefully on the toast. Top it with bacon or ham. You can also use hot sauce to enhance the flavours. Eat immediately to enjoy the meal at its best.
Classic fried egg sandwich recipe
This one is another favourite sandwich recipe that includes hearty bread, cheese slices, fried eggs and lots of seasoning. This fried egg sandwich recipe can be doubled and tripled to quench your cravings without a second thought. I prefer this sandwich with a dip or ketchup but if you want to skip it you can do that too. Do not forget to try out this recipe as instructed. We promise it is worth-a-shot!
Ingredients for the fried egg sandwich recipe
1. 2 slices of hearty bread
2. 1 to 2 slices of American Cheese
3. Olive oil spray
4. 2 large eggs
5. Salt Freshly ground black pepper 6. Red chilli powder
Instructions to make fried egg sandwich recipe
1. Spray olive oil on a 10-inch skillet. Pre-heat it on medium flame.
2. Toast the bread and top the slices with cheese.
3. As soon as the pan is hot, crack the eggs and season them.
4. When the whites are opaque, turn the eggs and cook until the yolk to your preference.
5. Top one slice of the bread with the two fried eggs then sandwich them. 6. Cut in half and serve.
Fried egg sandwich calories to keep a check on
Keeping a count on fried egg sandwich calories is a difficult task. This is so because each brand of ingredients used in this sandwich varies in quality and quantity. This results in a difference in calories in each brand’s ingredients. Usually, a fried egg sandwich calorie is 226. On the other hand, an average scrambled egg sandwich contains 237calories. This is how they are all different from one another.
The Fried egg sandwich recipes that we have discussed above are the hands-down way to quench your sandwich cravings right away. Try them out to make your meals the best-ever!
1. Can I customize the best-fried egg sandwich according to my preference?
Yes. You can customize the best-fried egg sandwich according to your preference but make sure to follow the instructions and add ingredients in the right place.
2. Is the fried egg sandwich recipe healthy?
No. It is not a very healthy recipe. However, you can make it healthy by substituting unhealthy ingredients with healthy ones.