Fried Potatoes are a snack or a constituent used to make other snacks, basically comprising various versions of potatoes fried and deep-fried. They are mostly served with a side dish or different types of dips and dressings. Fried Potatoes are known to be the “kids’ favorite” as they are incredibly delicious and can be served as an evening snack along with their most-loved milkshake! Potatoes are also rich in antioxidants, promote better digestion and improve blood sugar levels of your body. There are different variations of Fried Potatoes too- French Fries, Deep-fried potatoes, Cheesy Potato Balls, and so much more!
Given below is the classic Fried Potatoes recipe which is loved and admired by all!
The Ultimate Fried Potatoes Recipe:
1. 4 red potatoes
2. 2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
3. 1 onion, diced
4. 3 tbsp olive oil
5. 1 tsp salt
6. 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
7. 3/4 tsp paprika
8. 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Take a large pot, add in some water and salt and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the potatoes and let them cook for at least 15 minutes until they are tender but still slightly firm.
3. Now drain the potatoes, let them cool for some time, and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
4. Then take a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, and heat it over medium-high heat.
5. Add the green pepper and onion to the skillet. Cook them and occasionally stir for 5 minutes until their texture is soft. Then transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
6. Now, add the remaining oil to the skillet with medium-high heat. Now add the potatoes, black pepper, paprika, and salt.
7. Let them cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are browned while stirring occasionally.
8. Now add in the parsley, peppers, and onions and cook for a minute more.
Various Delicious Variations of Fried Potatoes:
Given below is a list of the versatile and exceptionally delicious variations of fried potatoes.
1. French Fries
French Fries are one of the extreme favorites of the kids and are usually served as a side dish along with their most treasured snack- burgers! A perfect french fry should be golden-brown and have a crispy outside and a light, fluffy inside. This yummy goodness of potatoes serves as a delicious evening snack along with tea for adults and milkshakes for kids! There are different french fries, too- peri fries, cheesy fries, chili fries, pizza fries, and so much more. There is a never-ending craze of fries all around the globe too!
2. Fried Cheesy Potato Balls
As delicious and alluring as this appetizer sounds, it’s also super easy to make and can be served along with delicious sauces and dips. These are known to be most loved by the kids due to the oozing cheese which these potato balls are filled with. They also make an excellent party snack as their preparation does not require much time, and they are truly irresistible!
3. Deep-fried Potato chips
People of all age groups love this snack, be it children, adults, or senior citizens. Deep-fried potato chips are an extremely addicting snack that can also be served at family gatherings. Making this at home is considered to be healthier than purchasing it from outside. You can also add in some spices, oregano, and chili flakes to make it more flavorsome.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Should I dry potatoes before frying them?
It is vital to dry the potatoes before frying them to stop them from bubbling up when they are dropped in the pan containing hot oil.
2. For how long should I soak the potatoes before frying?
You should always soak the potatoes in cold water for at least 2-3 hours before frying them. You can also keep them in the fridge overnight.
3. Which oil is best for frying potatoes?
Vegetable oil is the best oil for frying potatoes as it genuinely gives out the best flavor among all the other oils.