Frittata is a versatile recipe that can be served as breakfast, lunch, and even brunch. Are you fond of eating food overloaded with flavours and requiring less preparation time?. We tell you about the best Frittata recipe ever, which is freezer friendly and makes a perfect family meal.
A Frittata is a crustless egg base topped with vegetables, melted cheese, and dairy. This Italian breakfast is very similar to an omelette. The dairy products included in this recipe are whole cream milk and heavy cream milk. This dish is very soft and custardy. Now let you quickly go through the ingredients and the instructions to cook the best Frittata recipe ever!
Ingredients To Prepare Frittata Recipe
The ingredients required to prepare Frittata are readily available in any grocery store. Add the following items to your shopping list when planning to make Frittata.
- 8 organic eggs
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 large peeled and thinly sliced potato
- 1 cup of half cut cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- ¾ cup stallion
- 1 cup of grated cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions To Cook Frittata Recipe
- Rinse spinach under running tap water in a strainer and set it aside.
- Minced the garlic.
- Finely chopped scallions.
- Avoid using pre-grated cheese. Use fresh block cheese before making Frittata.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and thinly slice them into a round shape.
- Take a skillet and place the bacon strips on it. Cook them until they turn golden brown.
- Separate the bacon from the skillet and let it cool.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Saute spinach in the same skillet using the bacon fat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and crack all eggs.
- Add half smoked paprika, cream, bacon pieces, seasoning, cooked spinach, and half quantity of scallions. Whisk altogether.
- Take a dry skillet and add 2 teaspoons of cooking oil.
- Place the slices of potato in the skillet.
- Sprinkle some seasoning and smoked paprika on it. Let it cook for some time.
- Add minced garlic once the parties are crispy brown.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
Baking Of Eggs
- Scatter the leftover cheese on top of the Frittata.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake the Frittata uncovered until the center is completely set. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to develop in the range.
And tada! Your easy Frittata recipe is ready to be served for breakfast. Believe us, and it does not require anything else. If you are a fitness addict, you can anytime. Add avocados and fruits to the sides of the Frittata. To make it a wholesome meal, serve it with roasted vegetables or salad.
Nutritional Calculation Of Frittata Recipe
One-time preparation of Mongolian chicken yields six servings. Per serving has the following nutritional calculation
- Calories – 308 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 10 gms
- Protein – 16 gms
- Fat – 23 gms
- Saturated fat – 11 gms
- Sodium – 318 mg
- Cholesterol – 266 mg
- Sugar – 2 gms
- Vitamin A – 2212 IU
- Vitamin C – 18 mg
- Calcium – 205 mg
- Iron – 2 mg
- Potassium – 447 mg
- Fibre – 2 gms
Tips And Tricks For Lip-Smacking Frittata Recipe
To make the most amazing Frittata recipe, stick to the below-mentioned pointers.
- Use a seasoned cast iron pan or the oven baking dish for baking the eggs.
- If you are considering using vegetables, cook them one by one. Avoid overcooking. The vegetables should be cooked before adding them into the egg mixture.
- If you do not prefer to use potato as the base of Frittata, you can cut the potato into chunks and add them to the egg mixture.
- A Frittata is always creamy, and hence it is essential to use the best total fat dairy products. Try using heavy cream, sour cream, or whole cream milk with yogurt.
- Frittata can be hoarded in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if kept in an airtight container. For extended storage of Frittata, they can be quickly frozen in ziploc bags.
Reasons To Try Frittata Recipe Today!
The Frittata recipe is a finger-licking breakfast that is easy and quick to make. You even get to choose your preferred vegetables to add and a selection of cheese. It is a highly versatile recipe. You can add any of your lovable vegetables like mushroom, broccoli, sweet potato, asparagus, and roasted red peppers.
The Frittata is overloaded with protein and nutrients, perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is kid-friendly as you can also bake them in a mini muffins tray. As the best grab-and-go food, it is a perfect meal whenever in a hurry. You can even keep it vegan or load it with bacon and ham if you are a meat lover.
Few Other Egg Recipes To Try
Frittata is an Italian dish that is easy to make and is packed with nutrients. It can be served as appetizers and as well as wholesome meals. The versatility of the Frittata recipe has made it the best egg recipe ever to try! Some other egg recipes that you should try are as follows:
- Classic Egg Salad
- Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
- Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chinese Egg drop Soup
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Spinach and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Indian Egg curry
- Egg Stew
- Spicy Egg Roast
The Bottom Line
The Frittata is a perfect mixture of Italian essence with spicy flavors of veggies and seasoning. This combination, no wonder, catches the attention of people of all age groups. As a perfect appetizer and wholesome meal, the ingredients of Frittata can be substituted with Keto diet ingredients.
This draws the eyesight of fitness addicts looking for healthy and tasty breakfast meals. The ingredients that are required for preparation are readily available in the pantry. Moreover, the recipe for Frittata can be made in such a way that it eliminates meat. Try this dish today if you have not tried making Frittata without wasting any time!