Everyone is craving a super easy-to-make, healthy, and tasty dessert at the same time. What is the healthiest option in a dessert, if not fruits? Preparing a delicious dessert with fruits as the main character can make it sing. So, if you are a huge lover of refreshing fruits, we have got the right dessert for you. A classic summertime dessert filled with the vibrance of fruits is all you need. So, try out the very delicious fruit pizza and get ready to amaze yourself.
What Is A Fruit Pizza?
The vibrant and colorful fruit pizza is all you need to make your summers refreshing and worth it. The soft and thick cookie crust, layered with cream cheese frosting, sets the mood. Choosing your favorite fruits to top it off is like the cherry on the cake! Yes, cherry is also a great option to add to this crusty pizza dessert. So, the best part about this dessert is that you can customize it as you wish.
The freshness and bright colors of fruits, as well as berries, are appealing to people. Whenever you think about summers, we bet many colorful ideas come to mind. To recreate these ideas into reality, you must try out how to make this fruit pizza.
A fruit pizza can be completely made from scratch, saving you from any problems. Also, it is fun to decorate, so your kids will love making their pizza as a fun summer activity. You do not need to have special decorating skills or tools to make this dessert. This is one of the many reasons you should not waste more time and start now!
How To Make The Delicious Fruit Pizza At Home?
You can make this refreshing dessert using an assortment of your favorite fruits. The tender sugar cookie crust pairs well with the tangy cream cheese frosting. So, be creative and make this dish using your favorite ingredients.
For The Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- One large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For The Toppings Of The Fruit Pizza
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups assorted sliced fresh fruits of choice
Directions To Follow
- First, you have to start by preparing the crust. For this, take a medium bowl. Add and mix the cornstarch, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Take a large bowl and beat the butter and sugar. Continue to do so at medium-high speed until the mixture appears creamy. To get this combined, creamy texture, continue to beat the ingredients for about 2 minutes.
- Scrap down the bottom as well as the sides of the bowl as required. Proceed to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat the ingredients together at slow speed until combined.
- As the mixture combines, it will form a dough. Cover this dough and set it aside in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or even a day.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Then, line the pizza pan with non-stick spray,
- Take out the cookie dough from the refrigerator and place it on the pizza pan. You should do this in a 9 to 10-inch circle, and the dough should be about 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake the pizza for about 17 to 19 minutes or until the edges turn a little brown. So, never overbake your pizza crust.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely before you start decorating it.
- For the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together using a handheld or stand mixer. Do this on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until the ingredients combine. Proceed to add the confectioner’s sugar and pure vanilla extract. Beat for another 1 minute. By doing this, you will get about 1 and 1/2 cups of frosting.
- Spread a thick layer of this on the sugar cookie crust prepared. Then, proceed to decorate the pizza with an assortment of your favorite fruits.
- So, cut, serve and enjoy!
Some Tips To Make Your Fruit Pizza More Amazing
Since you can customize your pizza, it is okay to go all creative with it. We have provided a list of tips to help you enhance a normal fruit pizza into something worth loving.
- If your pizza has a tangy flavor, add some grated fresh lemon zest to the frosting. This citrusy flavor will help balance the richness of the filling, making it perfect.
- You can always go creative by adding different shapes of fruits to the frosting. Go for concentric rings or even triangles, whichever you prefer. This will make people think that the dessert is straight out of a confectionary.
- It is best to place the cold sugar cookie dough instead of the warm. After baking, you must always give the crust a little time to cool down completely. So, this will help in providing a proper texture to the crust of the fruit pizza.
- Suppose you do not have cornstarch, no problems. Feel free to skip it.
Fun Ways To Decorate Your Fruit Pizza
It is always best to use your creativity while decorating a fruit pizza. This way, you will get a fun summer activity to do, as well as one lovable dessert.
- Try Out A Valentine’s fruit pizza with a bunch of strawberries. Make the crust a little more romantic by making it heart-shaped instead of the usual circle.
- A Christmas combination of raspberries, strawberries, and kiwi will set the festive mood.
The Bottom Line
Giving fruit pizza a try will be one of the things you will be thankful for. So, try it out now and see the results for yourself.