Hearing the word, ‘Turkey’ always makes the celebration of Turkey pop in your head and it should be too. After all, Turkey is the very essence of the Thanksgiving dinner menu! That’s right. And while many of you may be confused with the misconception that Ground Turkey or Ground Beef is quite similar in many ways, then, unfortunately, you are quite wrong. For Ground Turkey Nutrition is much healthier as compared to Ground Beef. Reason? Ground Beef comes under the category of Red meat and contains more fat which gives Ground Beef the sot and tender texture, liked by many. Speaking of which, if the fat content in Ground Beef is reduced or completely drained of then it will become chewy just like Ground Turkey. Not only that but Ground Turkey Nutrition comes under the category of White meat and has more lean Protein which adds to health benefits. Ground Turkey is also a rich source of Selenium and B-complex Vitamins, an essential demand of your diet.
And just so you know, Lean Proteins refers to those Proteins which are found in foods that have a rather limited content of unhealthy nutrients such as Dietary Cholesterol, Saturated fat and Carbohydrates. Lean Protein Sources have a high amount of Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals and Dietary Fibres etc. Some of the common sources of Lean Protein are Greek Yogurt (Plain), lentils, Beans, Cottage Cheese (Paneer), Peas, White fleshed fish, Pork, Peanut Butter (Powdered) and Tofu (Lite) etc.
And just be using Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef in Spaghetti Sauce, Burgers, Meatloaf, Tacos and other recipes you can cut quite an amount of Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Calories in your meal. You can also cut back a bit of Calorie and Fat content in Ground Turkey. How? Read for yourself!
Ground Turkey Nutrition Composition:
Ground Turkey or to be precise, minced Turkey. Ground Turkey is a composition of light & dark turkey along with craps of Turkey Skin and fat, which is separated from the bones and mixed with preservatives and additives. All the skin, fat and meat of the turkey is then processed along with preservatives and additives till it achieves a ‘Ground’ or ‘minced’ form. Below is the Ground Turkey Nutrition Chart (100gm):
Although Ground Turkey Nutrition does possess certain boons, it also has a bane side to it. How? Processed meats are either smoked or enriched with Sodium Nitrates which combined with naturally present amines creates N-nitroso compounds called Carcinogens which is harmful to health.
Processed meat has also been a potential source for the development of cancer as per research and studies. It also induces the risks of High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Cancer, Obesity, Heart Disease, Fertility issues and much more. Ground Turkey Nutrition consists of Selenium, a mineral which according to some studies can reduce Cancer risks. It can reduce risks of Prostate, Lung, Bladder, Oesophageal, Skin, Colorectal, Gastric and other cancers. It is also essential for the proper functionality of Immune System, Anti-oxidant Defence mechanism and Thyroid Hormone secretion.
And as to why is it related to Ground Turkey Nutrition is the fact that Whether Ground Turkey is processed meat or not? That’s right. Well, for starters Ground Turkey is not processed and doesn’t any recommendation against it. However, if you look more closely then you might find some societies making recommendation against Ground Turkey which lands everybody on a blind spot. Hence, it always better to have a range of different nutritional diet options in your menu rather than just individual nutrition.
Ground Turkey Nutrition Facts:
As to why you must consume Ground Turkey Nutrition, let the given health benefits help you to change your mind:
– Ground Turkey Nutrition Consist of fat that naturally occurs in the Skin and mostly contains cut muscles, which means less fat, Calories and more protein.
– Ground Turkey Nutrition consists of various Vitamins and minerals including Vitamin B, C, D & B-6, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin and Phosphorous which are an essential demand of the body.
– Ground Turkey Nutrition provides about 48% of your daily prescribed Protein need and a fun fact, if you substitute Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef, it provides about more than 50% of your daily Prescribed Protein Nutrition.
– Ground Turkey possesses Anti-cancer properties. How? Well, Ground Turkey Nutrition consists of Selenium, which according to some studies can reduce Cancer risks. And is essential for the proper functionality of Immune System, Anti-oxidant Defence mechanism and Thyroid Hormone secretion.
– Ground Turkey Nutrition also has mood-enhancing properties due to Tryptophan, a chemical that helps to elevate and control your mood swings. It also helps to boost one’s Immune System.
– Ground Turkey Nutrition also consists of Niacin and Vitamin B-Complex such as Vitamin B6 which serves as energy converters in the human. Niacin lowers Cholesterol, strengthens Brain Function ability, facilitates Arthritis and converts the available fats, Carbohydrates and Protein into energy for the body to use.
– Tryptophan present in Ground Turkey Nutrition is a boon for all Insomnia patients out there. Tryptophan promotes Sleep and is prescribed to cure Chronic Insomnia.
And if you are worried about the Calories than you can also switch for White Turkey meat which is low on fat and consist of more lean Protein than Ground Turkey Nutrition.
Ground Turkey Nutrition Recipes:
As already mentioned, Ground Turkey Nutrition is a very rich source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, Tryptophan and Protein. It also consists of other nutrients such as Zinc and Vitamin B12. But to make sure you retain these nutrients along with less fat, you must Sauté Ground Turkey or the White meat Turkey, Bake and Boil as less as possible. Ground Turkey Nutrition can be consumed in a variety of manner and styles, for instance, using Lemon/Orange Juice or even Broth for its Sauce. However, below is a rather easy recipe of Ground Turkey Nutrition that you can start with, only for your creativity to kick back later.
Ground Turkey & Pepper:
Olive Oil: 3-4 Tablespoon
– Yellow & Green Onions (Chopped): 1 Cup
– Bell Pepper (Chopped): 1 Cup
– Cilantro or Fresh Parsley: 2 Tablespoon
– Chilli Powder: 1 Teaspoon
– Garlic (Minced): 2 Cloves
– Butterball Ground Turkey Nutriton:1 Pound
– Salt to taste
Take a pan and heat 1-2 tablespoon of Olive Oil, add Yellow & green Onions, Bell Pepper and garlic. Sauté them until softened
– Once Sautéed put the vegetables aside.
– Now once again take 1-2 tablespoon of oil and Sauté the Butterball Ground Turkey Nutrition until both the side of the turkey browns. Once browned, sprinkle in some Salt and Chili Powder.
– Now mix the vegetables with Ground Turkey and serve it garnished with fresh Parsley and chopped onions on the top.
Ground Turkey & Broccoli Pasta:
Butterball Ground Turkey Nutrition: 1 Pound
– Broccoli: 1 Cup
– Penne Pasta: 1 Cup
– Fresh Parsley (Chopped): 2 Tablespoon
– Onion (Chopped): 1 Cup
– Garlic (Minced): 2 Cloves
– Parmesan Cheese: 2 Tablespoon
– Tomato (Chopped): 1 Cup
– Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
– Olive oil: 3-4 Tablespoon
– Salt to taste
Take a pan and heat 1-2 tablespoon of Olive Oil, add Ground Turkey Nutrition, Onions, Tomatoes and garlic. Sauté them until softened
– Once Sautéed put the vegetables aside.
– Now take 1-2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and water. Add the Pasta, Salt and Pepper. Bring the water to boil and let the Pasta cook until softens. You can also use Whole Wheat Pasta to increase the nutritious quality of the dish.
– Once Pasta is ready add Broccoli and Chilli flakes. Stir it for a minute or so.
– Now mix the vegetables with Ground Turkey with Pasta and serve it garnished with fresh Parsley, Parmesan Cheese and chopped onions on the top
So, that was all about Ground Turkey Nutrition, some facts and a bit of recipe to try your hands on. As for the debate of whether Ground Turkey is a processed or not processed meat, it is yet to conclude. But that doesn’t mean that you completely cut out Ground Turkey from your menu, not after glancing through its health benefits. Hence, at such times it’s always better to go for adequate and balanced portions. After all, neither too much nor too less is good for your health.
Yes, Ground Turkey Nutrition has to of benefits such as it boost Brain Functionality, has mood-elevation amino acids, strengthens Immune system and anti-cancer properties etc.
Ground Turkey nutrition comes under white meat, which means it contains high-end Proteins namely Lean Protein, less fat and Calories along with tons of Vitamins, amino acids and minerals.
Ground Turkey or to be precise, minced Turkey is a composition of light & dark turkey along with craps of Turkey Skin and fat, which is separated from the bones and mixed with preservatives and additives, which again is processed until it achieves a ‘Ground’ form.
Ground Turkey Nutrition content has more of protein and less of fat, which means that consumption of turkey might make you feel full for a longer time even though consumed rather a small portion/quantity, which also adds to the benefit of Ground turkey.
Well, Consumption of any and every process comes with the risks of Cancer. Apart from it, processed meats are also subjected as a carrier of various microorganisms such as Salmonella, Listeria and Campylobacters etc. And Ground Turkey Nutrition being processed meat is no exception.
Yes, 99% lean Ground Turkey is healthier as it contains more high-end Proteins and less fat.