Are you a snack lover? Do you love binging on fries? If you just said yes, we have got you covered!
Amidst all our favourite snack recipes, Halloumi fries are the ultimate delight. With simple ingredients and quick cooking time, this fry has become our go-to whenever we desire to quench our cravings. This irresistible treat comes in various recipes that you can eat to your heart’s content.
Let’s check out the yummiest recipes of these fries that you can have without a pang of guilt!
What is it?
Halloumi is a dish that is prepared by combining the milk of goats and sheep. However, in those countries where such variants of milk cannot be sourced, Halloumi can also be made using cow’s milk. This recipe has a cheesy texture like that of Mozzarella which makes it such a favourite among everyone. It has a salty flavour as it is brined in a saltwater solution. There are many ways of preparing Halloumi fries recipe and that is what we are going to learn to do today.
How to make classic Halloumi Fries recipe?
If you are craving something delicious, there is no better food to eat than Halloumi. These fries are not only juicy in texture but also exquisitely nutritious to eat. Since the fries are cooked twice, they do not provide a melting texture when grilled. Whether you are looking to cook for a large crowd of guests or simply your children, this recipe will cook in minimal time with minimal effort. Make sure you follow the steps carefully to prepare Halloumi in very little time.
Ingredients to make Halloumi Fries recipe
1. 250grams Halloumi cheese
2. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3. 1 tsp paprika
4. ½ tsp cumin
5. Olive oil
Sweet chilli sauce to serve
Instructions to make Halloumi Fries recipe
1. Cut Halloumi in even sizes. This recipe serves 10 fingers.
2. Take a bowl. Mix flour, paprika, cumin and salt together.
3. Roll the fries in this mixture carefully until all the seasoning sticks on it. Shake off the excess.
4. Now a heat a pan. Add some oil and fry the Halloumi fingers one by one.
5. Keep frying them until brown.
6. Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
How to make Crispy Halloumi Fries recipe?
Widely available in parts of the UK and other countries, Halloumi is an internet-breaking food. If you are looking for a different kind of fries, this one is just what you need to cook right now. Not only are they lip-smacking but they will also make you forget everything else when you take them in your mouth. SO, if you are someone who is craving to have something crispy and snacky, here’s sharing the recipe of Crispy Halloumi fries with you to eat until you are full.
Ingredients to make Crispy Halloumi Fries recipe
1. 9 ounces Halloumi cheese
2. 1 tablespoon flour
3. Vegetable oil
For the dip
Sour cream or Greek Yogurt
Instructions to make Crispy Halloumi Fries recipe
1. Cut the Halloumi cheese into several even fingers.
2. Roll the fried in flour.
3. Heat a pan with oil. Drop the fries in it and cook them until they sizzle.
4. Make sure you keep stirring them every 2 minutes to avoid burning them. Keep the gas to medium flame.
5. Plate the Halloumi fingers and serve them with any dip of your choice.
6. Serve hot.
How to make Halloumi Fries with Honey recipe?
If you are looking for a mix of sweet and salt, this recipe is all you need. Halloumi Fries with Honey is the perfect recipe that you can cook when you feel like having a fancy snack. Not only does it help keep you fuller for longer but also promises to quench your deepest snack cravings. Whether you are throwing a party at home or simply hosting a dinner date, this one is all you need.
Ingredients to make Halloumi Fries with Honey
1. 7 oz block halloumi cheese
2. 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
3. 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
4. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5.2 large eggs
6. 2 tsp water
7. 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
8. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
9. 1 tbsp lemon juice
10. 2 tsp honey, plus more for garnish
11. 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
Instructions to make Halloumi Fries with Honey
- Slice up Halloumi into several even fingers.
- Place a parchment paper.
- Take a bowl. Add bread crumbs and panko and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to another bowl. And add eggs to another bowl.
- Drench the Halloumi in all of these bowls one by one.
- Heat a pan and add oil in it. Drop the Halloumi fingers in them and fry.
- To a small bowl, add Greek Yogurt, lemon juice and honey. Mix properly.
- Plate the fries carefully on a plate. Drizzle with honey.
9. Serve the fries with dipping sauce.
If you are craving to have something tasty yet healthy, Halloumi fries is all that you need right now. Do not forget to try out the yummy recipes we have listed above for you. They are worth a shot!
Fat- 12grams, Cholesterol- 28mg, Carbs- 8grams, Protein- 6grams, Calcium- 153mg.
Nothing better than Sour Cream!