Are you a fitness addict and a quick recipe lover? Then introduce yourself to quick and filling Ham and Bean soup. It is a lip-smacking weeknight dinner known for its heavenly fragrance. If you have any leftover ham from your Christmas party and are looking for a delightful supper, why not try the soup! Ham soup does not only sound fancy, but it takes almost 6 to 8 hours to cook.
This 15 minutes easy soup recipe is all you need for your supper meal. It is quick, comforting, and fast filling. Besides this, the recipe is way more nutritious and rich in fiber than other soups. The recipe is a better version of maintaining a healthy diet than consuming junk food. Let us go through the ingredients and instructions to cook the soup quickly. It is fantastic and serves as the best delicacy.
Ingredients Required To Prepare The Ham And Bean Soup
The super delightful soup is quick and straightforward to prepare. The best fact is that all the raw components are readily available in any local grocery store. You can even keep the raw ingredients stored inside the refrigerator for future use. Here is the list of ingredients you need to prepare the best soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of finely chopped celery
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced roughly
- 2 cups of shredded and cooked ham
- 1 ½ liter of chicken broth or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 Bay leaves or 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped thyme
- 4 cans of white beans (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instruction To Cook Ham And Bean Soup
Ham soup is a perfect supper meal that gets ready in just 5 minutes. Early cooking of the recipe makes it one of the tastiest starters to grab. Here is the guide on cooking the cook in its simplest forms.
- Take a saucepan or large pot. Add olive oil and heat it over medium flame.
- Add onions and celery to the pan and cook them for 5 minutes until soft and tender.
- After that, add minced garlic and saute them until you can smell the aroma.
- Add ham to the pan once the garlic is light brown.
- Further, pour the stock or broth into the saucepan and cook.
- As soon as the ingredients start to cook well, add the parsley leaves and thyme or bay leaves to the pan.
- Cook them for 5 minutes until all the flavors get perfectly combined.
- Add the white beans and season the dish with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Let the soup simmer and serve it hot and fresh.
And woohoo! Your Ham and Bean soup is ready to be grabbed. If you are also looking for a recipe to quench your hunger, grab the tastiest soup recipe today. It is super delicious and finger-licking. You can even relish it with Garlic bread or any other finger food for a wholesome meal. It is more nutritious than any other supper meal ever.
Nutritional Calculation Of Ham And Bean Soup
One-time preparation of the super tasty soup yields 8 servings. Per serving has the following nutritional value.
- Calories – 173 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 7 gms
- Proteins – 11 gms
- Fat – 10 gms
- Saturated Fat – 2 gms
- Cholesterol – 25 mg
- Sodium – 599 mg
- Potassium – 309 mg
- Sugar – 3 gms
- Vitamin A – 1700 IU
- Vitamin C – 5.4 mg
- Calcium – 21 mg
- Iron – 0.8 mg
Which Beans To Use For Ham And Bean Soup?
The super tasty soup should include all the top-notch ingredients. You might not feel like compromising with the raw ingredients under any condition. The beans are the key ingredient in the soup recipe. Hence, it should be of top quality. In this ham soup, we have used Cannellini beans. These are White Italian beans, perfect for bean soup.
If you cannot find Cannellini beans, you can go for Navy beans or Great Northern beans. They are a perfect replacement for White Italian beans. To make the soup tastier, you can feel free to add vegetables. Zucchini, kale, spinach, frozen peas, and shredded cabbage are perfect veggies to be added to the soup. If you are thinking of adding potatoes or pumpkin to the soup, make sure you simmer the soup 5 to 10 minutes longer than usual.
Tips To Cook The Best Ham And Bean Soup
Follow the under-mentioned pointers if you want to cook a restaurant-quality soup at home.
- While adding ham to the soup, fill in enough water that covers half of the bone.
- Ensure that you give ample time for the ham to cook. At least till the time, it gives a fragrant aroma.
- You can feel free to replace the ham broth with chicken stock if you are allergic to hams.
- If you add sweet potatoes or pumpkin to the soup, allow it to simmer for 5 to 10 extra.
Looking For More Soup Recipes? Try These Now!
Apart from the Italian Ham and Bean soup, you can grab many more tasty soups. Soups are a delightful supper meal and starters for any hangout plan. They are healthy and loaded with nutrients. Check out the below-mentioned soups for a great starter.
- Chicken Noodle soup
- Cream of Mushroom soup
- Butternut Squash soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini soup
- Easy Broccoli Cheese soup
The Final Takeaway
The Ham and Bean soup is an impressive starter to have. It is healthy and full of proteins. The inclusion of vegetables makes the soup healthier. Since the recipe incorporates less Olive oil, it is perfect for patients with high cholesterol or heart-related problems. If you are not okay with ham broth, you can always replace it with chicken broth. Moreover, the soup is ideal for any sleepover plan or regular meetings at your home. Try the recipe today for an incredible