Are you fond of something tangy yet sweet? Hawaiian chicken is the only way out to meet your fluctuating taste buds. These are soft bites of chicken, peppers, and Pineapple mixed in a sweet and tangy sticky sauce. It is a perfect midweek meal.
With its minimal preparation, Hawaiian chicken is more fun to make. Think about the nights when you crave something sweet with something spicy. Now you have this lip-smacking Hawaiian chicken recipe to get you satisfied without getting sluggish. Let us go through the quick recipe for preparing this amazing dish.
Recipe Of Preparing Hawaiian Chicken
- 2 pounds of diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of diced bell peppers, red, yellow, and orange mixed
- One fresh diced Pineapple
- 3 cups of cooked white rice
Ingredients For Sauce
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Three tablespoon soy sauce
- Three tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Two tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- One tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Take a large skillet and heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and then add them to the skillet.
- Saute them until they turn nice golden and a crust forms on top of it.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, add peppers and saute it for 3 to 5 minutes until they become tender.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the skillet, lower the heat flame and add back the chicken.
- Cook the dish until the sauce reduces, and the chicken gets properly cooked.
- Add pepper and Pineapple to the skillet and cook them until the sauce becomes thick, glossy and the pepper becomes soft.
- Serve it with cooked white rice.
And with this, your delicious Hawaiian chicken is ready to be served.
How To Prepare Hawaiian Rice?
Hawaiian chicken is paired best with white, brown, and cauliflower rice. If you want to make your Hawaiian chicken recipe a smash hit on the dinner table, serve it with Hawaiian rice.
The preparation of Hawaiian rice is super easy and fun to make. It is just like preparing normal rice, but you can cook it with coconut milk and pineapple juice instead of water.
Basics Steps To Prepare Hawaiian Rice
- Cook rice.
- Saute vegetables with your desired spices and oil.
- Add eggs and scramble.
- Add the cooked egg to mix vegetables.
- Add soy sauce to the rice.
- Mix all the ingredients in a skillet until completely cooked.
Another way of cooking Hawaiian fried rice is similar to Asian fried rice. The only difference is instead of using vegetables like peas and carrots, bell peppers and green onions are used. To give a unique Hawaiian flare, you can add Pineapple and ham to it.
Some Other Types Of Hawaiian Foods
Hawaiian foods are super easy to cook and one type of amazing delicacy. If you haven’t tried them out yet, then you are seriously missing out on something really tasty. For people who are planning to introduce some other types of Hawaiian foods in their kitchen, here’s the list for you:
- Poke – a dish which contains raw fish
- Kalua Pig
- Grilled Pineapple
- Chicken Long Rice
- Hawaiian chicken, of course!
Hawaiian foods have an easy recipe and are extremely flavorful, and they look attractive by adding different colored vegetables. Their main ingredient is Pineapple, and it is the best for a weeknight meal.
The Bottom Line
Hawaiian foods are best known for their blend of sweet and tangy flavors. Their gold mine – Pineapple, is the main ingredient for the foods to taste so tasty. Hawaiian foods can be prepared any time of the year. The most popular food is the Hawaiian chicken which is best paired with the Hawaiian rice. Both have easy recipes, and the ingredients are easily accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions [faqs]
1.What are the other side dishes best with Hawaiian chicken?
Some side dishes that perfectly pair with Hawaiian chicken are – Lemon Butter Salmon, Asparagus Foil Packs, Honey baked Ham, Roasted Asparagus Oven Baked, and Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli.
2. What can we add to increase spiciness in the recipe?
To increase the amount of tanginess in your recipe, you can add zing, barbecue sauce, and teriyaki sauces.
3. How long does it take to prepare the Hawaiian chicken recipe?
It takes nearly 30 minutes to prepare the mouthwatering Hawaiian chicken recipe at home.
4. What are the different ways of cooking Hawaiian rice?
Hawaiian rice can be made like an Asian fried rice recipe. It can also be cooked like any other simple rice, but you can add coconut milk or pineapple juice as its liquid component instead of water