What Is A High-Fibre Cereal Diet?
Are you a fitness freak and want to lose weight? Well, why not try having a high-fiber cereal diet. Foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and pulses are good sources of fiber. With cereal-based foods like rice and bread, the amount of fiber depends on how much of the outer layer of these foods have been stripped off during refining. As more and more the cereal shall be processed, it will contain less fiber in it. While excessive cereals, many vitamins and minerals in the outer layer also get lost. As the best recommendation, always go for brown over white.
When going grocery shopping, try keeping bagels, croissants, cornflakes, and white rice intact on its shelf and put wholegrain bread, whole-wheat pasta, bran flakes, and brown rice inside your trolley. In this article, we shall take a quick look at some mouth-watering high-fiber cereal diets that are best for you.
What Foods Are Rich In Fibre?
Before getting into the best high-fiber cereal diet, let us understand which foods contain high fiber. Foods that are good sources of dietary fiber are as follows:
- Soft Grain, granary, and wholemeal varieties of bread.
- New potatoes with their skins and baked skins of potatoes.
- Wholemeal pasta and brown rice.
- Beans, lentils, and peas.
- Weetabix, bran flakes, unsweetened muesli, and porridge oats.
- Vegetables [ particularly without peeling off its skin ].
- Wholemeal flour.
- Nuts and seeds.
Golden Rules Of High-Fibre Cereal
- For every ½ cup of serving, maintain at least 10 grams of fiber.
- Do not input more than 80 calories in ½ cup serving. It makes sure that you have balanced fiber in the meal and the amount of proteins is more than sugar and fat.
More cereals meet all the golden rules and are lip-smacking tasty. Let’s check what those are!
Starts For A Good High-Fibre Cereal Diet
- FibreOne Original [ as per ½ cup serving has 14 grams of fiber and 70 calories.
- Nature’s Path Organic SmartBran [ as per ½ cup serving has 10 grams of fiber and 70 calories ].
- All-Bran Original [ as per ½ cup serving has 10 grams of fiber and 80 calories ].
- Trader Joe’s High Fibre Cereal [ as per ½ cup serving has 7 grams of fiber and 60 calories ].
- All-Bran Bran Buds [ as per ½ cup serving has 20 grams of fiber and 80 calories ].
These are some of the cereals rich in fiber and match the requirements of all the golden rules. The best part about these cereals is that they are very delicious to have, and it is the best example of ‘losing weight without harming your taste buds.
Supplementary High-Fibre Cereals
It so happens that we cannot locate the best high-fiber cereals diets for ourselves. In that case, if we search for supplements. Listed below are some supplements to high fiber cereal diets. These do not match both golden rules but are a good option to mix with any other cereal diet for additional taste.
- FibreOne 80 – Honey Squares [ as per ½ cup serving has 7 grams of fiber and 55 calories ].
- FibreOne 80 – Chocolate [ as per ½ cup serving has 6 grams of fiber and 55 calories ].
- Kashi Go Rise [ as per ½ cup serving has 5 grams of fiber and 72 calories ].
Some Ways To Enjoy Your High-Fibre Cereal
Many of you might be confused about how to enjoy your weight loss delicacy. Well, your worries have now got a solution!. Listed below are some ways to enjoy your cereal diet to the fullest.
- You can consume your HFC with some milk and fresh or frozen berries.
- Try your HFC by adding two teaspoons of additional flavorings of peanuts, chocolate chips, or raisins.
- You can even try your high-fiber cereal with cottage cheese, ice cream, soup, salad, or even breading for fish.
Aren’t these interesting? One high-fiber cereal and so many solutions! While incorporating high fiber cereals in your diet, choose the best option to enjoy your meal. Once you start liking your cereal diet with the best way to consume, you will never want to run out of the same.
The Bottom Line
Consumption of a high-fiber cereal diet is very important if you look forward to weight loss and increased stamina. Try to avoid consuming supplements as they do not match the golden rules of the high fiber cereal diet. Make sure you consume a full glass of water with each serving. Let us know how these high-fiber cereal diets have worked for you. All the best !.