Almost everyone working on computer processors tends to slowly sip coffee or any other drink continuously. It tends to keep them focused. Do you feel that this habit is good for you? Until your health is not getting affected, every habit in its limit is good. The classic Hot Toddy recipe is a healthy replacement for coffee to sip during working hours or at night. It is an easy cocktail recipe to make.
Whether you are playing cards with your family and friends or working late at night, you can grab a cup of hot toddy anytime. Moreover, you can serve the same at your New Year’s holiday party. The recipe is known for kick-starting mornings, curing cough and cold, and acting as a furnace for freezing evenings. It acts as a medicinal aid where the Liquor numbs the pain, and honey with lemon soothes the sore throat. Let us check out the classic warm recipe quickly.
Ingredients Required To Prepare Hot Toddy Recipe
A classic and warm glass of Hot Toddy is all that we need. Any person who is fond of drinking LiquorLiquor can easily make the recipe. Besides this, if you are a novice chef, you can grab this recipe and wow your guests anytime! Here is the list of raw ingredients you need for preparing the recipe.
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 ½ ounce of Whiskey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey according to the taste
- 1 full lemon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick to garnish
Step-By-Step Instruction To Make Hot Toddy Recipe
Are you ready to make a bar quality Hot Toddy? Let us quickly jump to the recipe and make this fantastic cocktail.
- Take a teapot or a saucepan and boil water in it.
- Pour the water into a mug.
- Add Whiskey, lemon juice, and honey into the hot water (quantity mentioned in the ingredients list).
- Keep stirring the honey until it completely disappears into the water.
- If you want to increase the amount of sweetness in the cocktail, feel free to add 1 more teaspoon of honey.
- If you want to add zing or tanginess to the drink, feel free to add 1 more teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Garnish your drink with one round slice of lemon and 1 cinnamon stick.
And tada! We are ready to serve the classic and warm Hot Toddy recipe. If you have a habit of sipping coffee while studying, working, or playing cards, replace it with the classy and best cocktail. We assure you that you will feel addicted to this cocktail. If you haven’t tried the recipe yet, then why wait? Check it out now!
Nutritional Calculation Of Hot Toddy Recipe
The classic cocktail has excellent taste. It is preferred by people who are fond of drinking or addicted to sipping liquid during work. One-time preparation of a cocktail yields only one serving. One cup of Hot Toddy has the following nutritional value.
- Calories – 135 gms
- Carbohydrates – 8.1 gms
- Protein – 0.9 gms
- Fat – 0.4 gms
- Saturated fat – 0.3 gms
- Trans fat – 0 gms
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
- Sodium – 2.6 mg
- Fiber – 0 gms
- Sugar – 6.5 gms
Notes To Prepare The Best Hot Toddy Recipe
There are some successful tips that you must follow before making this classic cocktail. We are sure that the tips will benefit you.
- Suppose you like to make vegan Hot Toddy; feel free to replace honey with maple syrup. It tastes the same.
- You can make several other changes to the recipe, including replacing significant ingredients. Like you can replace Whiskey with Brandy or Spiced rum. Moreover, you can add a splash of apple cider and tea essence to the cocktail. It tastes marvelous.
- To give an attractive presentation to the cocktail, make sure you use the glass mugs. To measure the quantity of LiquorLiquor, use a stainless steel jigger.
Hot Toddy Recipe For Cough And Cold
Winter is the prime season when most people suffer from coughs and colds. The symptoms associated with cough and cold bother the body severely. Hot Toddies are known for reducing the symptoms of cough and cold. Ensure that you don’t overdo Whiskey. A simple combination of warm water, honey, and lemon juice can do wonders in your body.
There is no need to overdo any component. As we know that alcohol does not go well with prescribed medications, so if you are consuming any medicine for cough and cold, then Hot Toddies are a big no for you. You can avoid adding alcohol and consume the combination of honey, warm water, and lemon if that works for you.
Looking For Other Cocktails? Try These Now!
Apart from the Hot Toddy recipe, many more cocktails are insanely addictive. Here are some holiday-friendly drinks you must try with your friends and family.
- Irish coffee recipe
- Maple New York Sour
- Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour
- Moscow Mules
- French 75’s
- Best Red Sangria Mimosas
- Fresh Margaritas
The Bottom Line
Whether you are feeling sick or fresh to set out for work, a cup of Hot Toddy recipe keeps you warm the entire day. The classic blend of Whiskey, honey, lemon juice, and warm water is just like any old-fashioned medicine. But trust us, this medicinal aid works like a wonder or sore throat, cough, and cold. Besides this, you can even play with your own set of ingredients like apple cider, maple syrup, brandy, spiced rum, etc.
Moreover, each variation has a similar taste to the original one. When making Hot Toddies, make sure you do not compromise on the LiquorLiquor. It is the main ingredient required for Hot Toddy. Dark rum or Bourbon are the best ones to select for the cocktail. Besides this, you can also go for brandy or Whiskey. If you are still searching for a perfect replacement for your coffee addiction, check out this recipe now!