Who doesn’t like tea? I believe it is the only lifeline of every person. There are even people who drink 3 to 4 cups of tea in a day. Now, some drink milk tea or green tea, or lemon tea. However, the best tea, in my opinion, is ginger tea.
Green tea provides a tangy taste with a subtle spicy twist. These are the best if you want some respite from the cold. And by cold, I imply the cold temperatures or when you are having a cold. It works wonders in both these cases. Thus, here we provide you with the ginger tea recipe.
- Water: four cups
- Ginger: 3.5 Oz
- Lemon slice (optional): 1
- Honey or maple syrup (optional): a drizzle
- Cinnamon stick: 1
- Fresh turmeric: one piece
- Fresh mint: 5-6 sprigs
Optional add ons:
- Fresh lemon or orange (sliced): 1
- Honey or maple syrup: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Take a saucepan and fill it with water.
- Please put it on the stove and start heating it on medium heat.
- Now put Ginger in it.
- You have many ways to cut Ginger, you can wash the Ginger and then cut it into pieces, or you can first peel the Ginger and then cut it into pieces. Another way is to grate it, or you can also crush the Ginger.
- Use a spoon, stir this for a minute, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- After this, using a sieve, pour the contents of the saucepan into the mugs.
- Discard the Ginger and then add a slice of fresh lemon or a cinnamon stick or any other flavouring you might want to add.
- Also, you can add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to the mug.
- Your ginger tea is ready.
- Stir it and then savour its taste.
Some important tips:
- You can make this tea in a large batch and then cool down at room temperature and then put it into an airtight container and then keep it in the fridge. This will allow you to have ginger tea whenever you like.
- Also, you can drink this ginger tea cold, or you can heat it again.
- You can add cardamom, mint, cinnamon, or turmeric to this ginger tea to have a different flavour every time. However, try using only one of these at a time.
- You can also add some tea leaves or a teabag to this. This tastes great too.