Meatballs are small balls made from ground meat and sometimes other ingredients like seasoning, bread crumbs, and butter. They are cooked by steaming, baking, braising in different sauces, and frying. They are considered highly delicious, and when braised with various luscious spices, they taste like heaven.
They have health benefits too. Meatballs help you in maintaining suitable body weight and relieving constipation. They also help in lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Furthermore, they are known to be a power booster as the fat contained in them is an excellent energy source.
Given below is the perfect recipe on how to make meatballs swiftly and co-ordinately.
How To Make Delicious Meatballs:
1. 1 lb lean ground beef
2. 1/2 Italian-style bread crumbs
3. 1/2 tsp salt
4. 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
5. 1/4 tsp pepper
6. 1/4 cup milk
7. 1 egg
8. 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1. Firstly, heat your oven to 400F. Take a 13×9 inch baking pan and line it with foil paper. Spray over it using a cooking spray.
2. Then take a large bowl and add in the ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, sauce, salt, pepper, egg, and chopped onion. Mix them all.
3. Now roll the mixture into 24 meatballs of 11/2 inches each. Remember to place them 1 inch apart from each other in the pan.
4. Lastly, without covering the meatballs, bake them for 18-22 minutes or until the temperature rises to 160F and the center is no longer pink.
Note: You can feel free to use ground turkey or chicken as a substitute for ground beef. But if you are using chicken, make sure to reduce the milk content to 2 tsp.
Pairing Of Meatballs With Other Dishes:
Meatballs are an excellent pairing to spaghetti. ‘Spaghetti and meatballs’ are known to be a classic combination served at almost every restaurant. This pairing is also done at simple family gatherings and small occasions. We all consider spaghetti to be incomplete without meatballs!
Another exemplary combination is meatballs paired with creamy; garlic mashed potatoes. Here, elevating the mashed potatoes by adding cream cheese, roast garlic, and sour cream makes this combination more refined and flavorsome.
Grilled BBQ corn with spicy meatballs is the ultimate go-to combination. The corn is first buttered and seasoned with aromatic spices. The grilling of the corn makes this super-easy recipe more zingy and delicious.
You can also serve these delicious meatballs with roasted or steamed veggies like green beans, broccoli, cauliflowers, peas, and even carrots. The addition of a glaze or BBQ sauce takes this dish to another level.
Another classic dish which stars meatballs is the meatball sandwich. People of every age group love it. But, of course, you can also add all of your favorite ingredients to make this sandwich even more delicious, like yummy cheese, different sauces, and salads.
To make your dish more classy, you can even serve meatballs along with a side salad, topped with a luscious sauce of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What makes a meatball great?
Remember to pick out fattier meats like pork, lamb, and beef to make a perfect meatball. This will help you get tender meatballs. Another fact to jot down to make the best meatballs is to use homemade bread crumbs. Also, remember to season excessively; always be more generous with the spices and other ingredients used.
2. is it more suitable to fry the meatballs or bake them?
It is always recommended to bake your meatballs instead of frying them.
3. What is considered to be the best store-bought meatballs?
Rosina Italian 26-oz Frozen Meatballs is known to be the best store-bought meatballs.
4. How long should I cook meatballs in sauce?
You should simmer the meatballs in a sauce for about 45 minutes.
5. Can you overcook meatballs in sauce?
It isn’t easy to overcook the meatballs when cooked in a sauce as they are sitting in the fluid. So you should always braise the meatballs for 15-20 minutes before serving them.