How to make oat milk is a popular question that health freaks demand on a regular note. The taste of this drink is also making not-so health-conscious persons fall in love with milk all over again. Even homeowners can use Oat milk to slip some nutrients into their children’s health daily. The best part is that you can even use this Oat milk recipe to make delicious baked goods for your family. With such surprisingly useful benefits, this Oat milk recipe is becoming a must-have for everyone. Naturally, you should have it too!
The magic of Oat milk
Plant-based milk is a wholesome addition to your daily diet. These milk recipes are healthier, yummier and more filling. Unlike ordinary milk, you will crave this milk now and then. So, why not?
If you are worried about how much time it may consume to prepare it, don’t panic. It is absolutely cheesecake for everyone. All you have to do is add 1 cup of oats to 4 cups of water and mix. Then, you have to use a strainer to strain the milk. So, there you go! You will have your creamy, healthy oat milk ready to drink.
You can also use this recipe to make blueberry muffins, banana cookies and vegan chocolate cake. However, make sure to avoid using them in savoury foods as they have a strong Oat flavour. Such a thing may take away the flavours from your savoury food that you may not enjoy as much.
Ingredients to make oat milk
We told you, Oat milk is bread and butter to make. All you need is 2 minutes in the kitchen to prepare this yummy milk. We promise; you will never have enough of it! The ingredients that are used to make Oat milk are also simple. Oats and water being the primary ingredients, are readily available in the kitchen. You may also need maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt for that extra pint of deliciousness. Let us check out the measurements!
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
How to make Oat milk?
- Take a good blender and add both Oats and filtered water into it. Now blend the mixture for up to 30 to 45 seconds until it becomes smooth. Remember, it should look white and creamy when you open the mixture. However, it would be best if you kept in mind not to over-blend it as that may make the mixture thin and less flavoursome.
- The next step is to strain the mixture that will prepare your milk in seconds. Take a fine strainer that is clean. Now, add the mixture into it and strain the milk. Remember not to strain the milk too much as we do not want to over-do the process. So, try to strain as little as possible. At this point, do not try to press the pulp too hard.
- If you want extra-smooth milk, you can strain the milk again. Make sure you discard the leftover pulp for the same.
- If you want to keep it healthy, try to drink the oat milk at room temperature. However, if you are looking for that extra yumminess, you can refrigerate it before drinking.
Facts to remember about Oat milk
- If you have gone gluten-free, do not consume ordinary Oats. Make sure to buy a gluten-free one from the market.
- When you refrigerate the Oat milk, you may find the oat and milk separating later. Do not panic at this point since it is normal. All you have to do is shake it before you drink it to restore the texture.
- If you do not have vanilla and maple syrup at home, a pint of sugar will do the job for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can I preserve Oat milk?
You can use Oat milk for five days. When it smells weird, you will know it is time to throw it away.
2. Should I soak the oats overnight?
No. Soaking the Oats overnight can make it slimy.
3. Can I heat the Oat milk?
Yes. Heating the oat milk enhances its flavour.
4. Can I re-use the oat milk pulp?
Yes. You can incorporate it into dishes like vegan doughnuts, chocolate truffles and Oat milk cookies.