Over the years, I have developed a strong liking for lasagne recipes. But when people asked me if I had ever tried a vegan lasagne before, I always frowned at the thought of it. Little did I know, they were even better, healthier and easy to prepare. Yes, vegan lasagne is a life-saver for cooks who want to cook lasagne but put minimal effort into it. Let us take you through the perfect vegan lasagne recipe gifted to me by a special friend. I promise; you will love it!
The holy grail of all lasagne recipes
Turns out that vegan lasagne recipes are far better than the usual ones we make at home. Now, you might be bound to think about what is so special about this dish. That is what we will unleash today.
1. Easy-to-prepare– There is nothing like making a super-quick dish in the kitchen that takes minimal time to cook. Vegan lasagne recipe is fit for this purpose. It takes minimal effort to cook it. So, you do not have to run errands. Such a thing is also because this recipe requires minimal veggies in it. The tomato sauce, red lentils and spinach are enough to do the magic you need. Unlike other recipes where you need to cut and use tons of veggies, this lasagne recipe requires only a few. So, you can sit back and relax.
2. High in protein- Most lasagne recipes are not healthy. They contain lots of flour and sauce that ruin its healthiness. However, vegan lasagne is an exception. The red lentils provide high protein. So, you can expect excellence from this one. The milk in it also makes the recipe high in protein. That is why protein lovers will love this recipe and gorge on it until the end.
3. Full of essential nutrients- Vegan lasagne recipe is not all about protein. It also contains other essential nutrients that are enough to spill the magic. It is high in carbs that offer the primary sources of energy to the body. They also contain enough fibre and calories to balance out the nutritional contents.
4. Fills your heart with joy- The rich flavours, creamy texture and beautiful aroma of the vegan lasagne recipe is bound to leave you spellbound. If you love eating dishes that contain all the flavours you need, this one is the perfect option for you to pick on a resting day. It makes for the best way to satisfy your hunger pangs instantly.
5. Serves many people at once- Unlike other recipes that require you to cook for different people at a time, vegan lasagne can serve many people at once. So, you do not have to bother failing to feed a large crowd. Even a small portion of this dish is very filling. So, you can use it as a dinner recipe or a thanksgiving dish as well.
How to make the best vegan lasagne?
The vegan lasagne recipe is a mass-favourite for all the right reasons. For starters, its flavours are all that kid’s want at the end of the day. Moreover, if you try hard to create an impression, serving this dish is a sixer for you. So, let us get into this dish to help you have the best time of your life.
Ingredients to make the perfect vegan lasagne
1. 1 cup dried lentils
2. 25 ounces jars of marinara sauce
3. 1 cup raw cashews
4. 16 ounces firm tofu
5. ½ cup nutritional yeast
6. 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. 1 teaspoon dried basil
9. 1 teaspoon oregano
10. ½ teaspoon garlic powder
11. 2/3 cups of baby spinach
12. 1 box of lasagne noodles
13. Mozzarella Cheese
Instructions to make the perfect vegan lasagne
1. For starters, you have to cook the red lentils. To do that, you need to boil the lentils by adding them to a pot with water. After twenty minutes of boiling, drain the water and add marinara sauce to it. Set this aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Now, you have to make cashew-tofu ricotta. Add the cashews to a blender and blend them into crumbs. Now, add the Tofu, basil, oregano, lime juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Make it until well-combined.
4. Now, assemble the lasagne noodles. Add some marinara sauce to a casserole dish, then pour the lasagne noodles. Do this bit by bit as we have to create layers? Remember that! Now, spread the cashew-tofu ricotta on top of it. Then add the spinach. Again, repeat this layer. 5. Once you are done with creating layers, use foil paper to cover it. Bake it for one hour. Then, take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Top it up with some Mozzarella cheese and serve hot!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What to do if I want to melt the Mozzarella over my lasagne?
Spoon the Mozzarella lasagne over the dish and put it in the oven for another 20 minutes.
2. Can I use gluten-free noodles in my vegan lasagne?
Yes, you can.