Everyone likes tomato soup. Easy to make and require a very negligible amount of time. Moreover, tomato soup is beneficial for your health.
You can also serve this delicious tomato soup with almost anything. It works well and enhances the taste of everything it is coupled with. Serving this tomato soup in a gathering is sure to gather compliments from everyone.
So let us take a look at the answer to this simple yet tedious question: “How to make tomato soup?”
- Olive oil or ghee or butter: 3 tablespoons
- Large onion (diced or chopped): 1
- Fresh whole tomatoes: 28 ounces
- Fire-roasted tomatoes (diced): 15 ounces
- Carrots (thinly sliced): 1 cup
- Bell pepper (sliced): ½ cup
- Ginger (minced): ½ tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (minced): 3
- Bouillon cubes (vegetarian or non-vegetarian is your choice): 1
- Sugar: 2 tablespoon
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Oregano: ½ tablespoon
- Red chili flakes: ½ tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper: 2 (optional)
- Dried basil: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh basil (finely chopped): ½ cup
- Cream: 1 cup (optional)
- Water: 1 cup
- Take a heavy bottom pan or a large skillet.
- Heat the butter or olive oil or ghee (whichever you have) in that pan. Now add cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic cloves in it.
- Saute it for or a minute until the rawness of the ginger and garlic is gone. To this, add onions and saute them for another 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat until they have softened and have become transparent.
- After this, add carrots and bell peppers to the onions and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Now add the fresh whole tomatoes and the diced ones to it. Further, add water, bouillon cubes, sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and dried basil. Stir all of this once and then increase the heat, bringing the skillet’s contents to boil.
- Stir it once again, and then set the heat to low and cover it with a lid. Allow it to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until you feel that the tomatoes and carrot have become tender, and you can tear them with your hand.
- Now remove it from the heat and, using an immersion blender, blend the contents.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, then blend the soup in a blender. For this, you have to remember not to blend all of it in one Shift. This is because the soup is super hot, and there is a chance that the soup can spill out of the blender and splatter you with tomato soup all over.
- Thus, don’t fill the blender more than half.
- After blending the soup, return it to the skillet, heat it for another 2 minutes, and gradually stir in the cream.
- Now, taste the soup and make the needful adjustments. Stir in the chopped basil leaves, and your tomato soup is ready.
- Serve it with croutons, pesto, or pecorino.
- You can store this tomato soup for around four days in your fridge in an airtight container. Moreover, you can freeze the tomato soup for a longer period in the freezer.
- However, I recommend you to make the tomato soup fresh as it does not take a lot of time and besides the taste of the tomato soup is the best when it’s made fresh.
Some important tips:
- You can also use stock or broth in place of the bouillon cubes.
- You can always reduce the number of red chili flakes and cayenne pepper if you don’t like spicy food. However, if you love your food spicy, you can always add more chili flakes.