Have you ever been searching for a delicious salad variety, which is easy to make and offers several nutrients simultaneously? Of course, you have. But have you ever been able to find a salad that does not require a whole lot of ingredients to make it packed with nutrients? No, right? It becomes skillfully challenging to see something like that without brainstorming and a lot of effort. So, to ease you of the constant tension and struggles to find such a salad, we put forward a fantastic salad recipe with delicious variations so that you do not miss out on anything. The salad we are talking about is the famous and wholesome Kale Salad.
Kale Salad: A Wholesome Salad Filled With Nutrients You Would Not Want To Miss Out On:
Apart from being one of the most delicious salads to consume, the Kale Salad offers a lot of health benefits that you cannot possibly overlook. It is filled with the goodness of vitamin A and Folate, which are necessary for proper bone and eye health, brain development, building up a more muscular immune system, and so much more. This sustaining salad also contains Vitamin K, which promotes better bones and better blood clotting. Also filled with the proper nourishment of vitamin C, you can now prevent cold and chronic diseases from affecting your body. The nutrients in Kale, the critical ingredient of this salad, also help prevent cancer, lower harmful cholesterol levels, and lose weight. You can lose weight by consuming this salad as it fills your body up with large quantities of water and fewer calories due to its high water content. So, these benefits, along with many more of them, contribute to why you should try out this salad to make the most of it.
We have provided you detailed information about this salad, ranging from its ultimate recipe to variations so that you do not miss out on anything. So, read this article until the very end for the best experience.
How To Make The Delicious Kale Salad Easily And Efficiently:
Given below is the recipe on how t make the best version of this salad easily.
1. you are the first step while preparing this salad should permanently be removing the tough ribs from its leaves. Using a chef’s knife, you can slice out the stems to remove the rugged ribs. Instead of doing that, you can also pull out the leaves from the ribs.
2. After removing the ribs from the leaves, you must chop the Kale into small pieces. Consuming large, uncut pieces of Kale might create a problem for you.
3. Then, transfer the chopped Kale into a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle some sea salt. This is because salt helps to cut down the unsweetened taste of Kale.
4. After this, “massage” the Kale with your clean hands. Follow the technique of scrunching and releasing for best results. Continue to do so until the leaves become fragrant and turn dark green. Do this for at least half a minute.
5. Then comes the most exciting part- dressing the salad. You can equally coat the salad leaves with the dressing of your choice. Also, feel free to add in some chopped veggies, nuts, or cheese. This will improve the texture and add an irresistible flavor to the salad.
A Kale Salad Recipe That Will Surely Be Your Best Friend:
We have provided for you a zingy salad recipe so that you never get bored of it. Keep reading for more:
It is filled with the goodness of strawberries and granola croutons.
If you want to add a dessert-like twist to this salad, feel free to enrich it with strawberries. Also, the granola croutons add a crunchy texture to the dish.
For The Salad
1. 8 ounces or one medium bunch of Kale
2. 1/2 pound strawberries, peeled and sliced
3. 2 ounces chilled goat cheese (or 1/3 cup crumbles of goat cheese)
4. 4-5 medium-sized radishes, thinly sliced and chopped roughly
For The Croutons
1. 1 cup old-fashioned oats
2. 1/2 cup whole almonds
3. 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
4. 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
5. 1/2 cup pistachios/ pecans/ walnuts
6. 1 tbsp fennel seeds
7. 1/4 cup olive oil
8. 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
9. 1 large beaten egg whites, optional
10. 1 tbsp honey
11. 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For The Dressing:
1. 3 tbsp olive oil
2. 1 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
3. 2 tbsp lemon juice
4. 1 1/2 tsp honey
5. Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions To Follow:
1. Firstly you should make the granola. For that, preheat the oven to 350F. Take a medium bowl and add the seeds, oats, almonds, pistachios, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix them well. Then add in the oil, honey, and beaten egg whites and stir till well combined. Now, transfer the mixture prepared to a baking sheet ad allow it to bake for at least 19 minutes or until golden while stirring halfway. Then take the granola out and let it cool.
2. Then, you must make the dressing. For that, take a small-sized bowl and add in the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and honey. Stir until properly emulsified. Also, season the prepared dressing with salt and pepper to add more flavor.
3. The essential step to do- prepare the Kale. Using a chef’s knife, get rid of the tough ribs of Kale. Then chop the Kale into bite-like pieces and transfer it to a big bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and massage the kale leaves with your hands. Do this until the leaves turn darker in color and more aromatic.
4. Lastly, you are required to assemble the salad. Drizzle some of the dressing you prepared and toss the Kale leaves well so that it is covered in sauce. Add the radishes and strawberries and crumbled goat cheese to improve its taste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What Kale is best for preparing Kale salad?
2. Which is healthier- Kale or spinach?
Both are equally nutritious.
3. Can I eat Kale raw?