So Krispy Kreme donuts…I like them, I know you like them, and I know everyone likes them, you cannot pass Krispy Kreme donuts stall without eating at least five of them. They are delicious, yummy, tasty, mouth-watering, and feel so light that I feel like I am holding air in my hands.
And the popularity of these Krispy Kreme donuts is not even false popularity as they have quality and taste, which is why anyone who eats them for the first time always wants more and more. And I always crave them and want to drive to the donuts. However, there is just one problem that I am the laziest person on this whole Earth, and now, after this pandemic, while all the people are dying to go out of their houses, I want to sit back in my house (this pandemic has made me lazier).
But with laziness, my cravings are also there. And when I get Krispy Kreme donuts cravings, I get them bad. And I hope you also get them badly, which is why you are here, reading this. Anyways, so I searched on the internet and Pinterest for the Krispy Kreme donuts recipes only to find that there are a million recipes of Krispy Kreme donuts, seriously a million recipes!
But then I thought, what will I be doing reading all of these million recipes because you know I am lazy, but then one day my cravings got better of me. So, I read all of the recipes, and then I finally made my own Krispy Kreme donuts recipe. Eureka!
Yes, I will give myself some credit for making the Krispy Kreme donuts recipe (almost) exactly as the real Krispy Kreme donuts, can you believe it? Of course, not! Which person in his sane mind will believe me. I did it, and so to make you believe me, I am giving you the Krispy Kreme donuts recipe below. Try and test it yourself.
Krispy Kreme donuts recipe:
A thing to note here is that this is not the official Krispy Kreme donuts recipe, but it is a recipe tried and tested by me. It will give you almost the same taste as the real Krispy Kreme donuts. Following is the list of ingredients that you will need to make this Krispy Kreme donuts recipe.
- Vegetable shortening: four cups (for frying)
- All-purpose flour: 3 cups
- Egg: 1
- Egg yolk: 1
- Vanilla extract: 2 teaspoon
- Butter: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Warm water: 1 cup
- Instant yeast: 3 teaspoons
- Granulated sugar: one- third cup
- Warm whole milk: 1 cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar: 2.25 cups
- Vanilla extract: 2 teaspoon
- Light corn syrup: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: ¼ cup (melted)
- Mix the yeast and water in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Now add salt, butter, egg, egg yolk, sugar, vanilla extract, and 3 cups of the all-purpose flour to the yeast and water.
- Start kneading it at a slow speed till the dough begins to form. If you feel that the dough is sticky, add a little more flour to it. Moreover, if you feel that the dough has become too hard, try adding a bit more butter.
- Now take a bowl and oil its sides so that the dough doesn’t stick. Shift the dough in this bowl.
- Cover this bowl tightly with a plastic sheet and place it in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you will find that the dough has inflated to a large extent; deflate it, and knead softly for 1 minute with soft hands.
- Then, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
- Take it out the next day and place it on a kitchen platform, but first spread some flour on the platform to ensure that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Spread some flour over the dough and roll the dough to a ½ inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- Use a donuts cutter (in case you don’t have the donuts cutter, you can also use a larger round cutter to cut the outer boundary and a smaller round cutter to cut a hole in between) to carve out the shape of donuts from the dough and then place all the donuts on a baking sheet.
- Cover these donuts with a clean cotton cloth or a dish towel and let them sit for an hour.
- Fifteen minutes before the completion of the hour, start heating the vegetable shortening.
- Start frying the donuts when you feel that the shortening is adequately heated. Put the donuts in the skillet carefully and try not to disintegrate the shape of the donuts.
- Allow the donuts to become golden from both sides, and then take them out on the baing or glazed paper and let them cool down.
- In a shallow bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned above for making the glaze until the mixture smoothens out.
- Dip one donut at a time in the glaze, flip the donut and coat the other side.
- Coat all the donuts and then let the donuts sit for a while.
- Finally, the Krispy Kreme donuts are ready. Enjoy!