The Kung Pao Shrimp is the best weeknight dinner recipe to make, a perfect match of sweet, savoury, and spicy. In less than 30 minutes, the formula shall be ready to be served with a combination of crispy sauteed veggies and the essence of Asian flavours. They are the best appetizers and much healthier than the oily nuggets.
The recipe for Kung Pao Shrimp is ideal for eating when served with a bowl of rice. All the health-conscious addicts can make the Kung Pao sauce healthier and better according to their preferences. This Asian-inspired recipe has the best taste and can be perfect for any day. Regardless of any substitutions, its divine flavours make it the most healthy and easy recipe.
Ingredients To Prepare Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe
- ¾ pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions
- ¼ cup of roasted dry peanuts
- ⅓ cup of low sodium chicken
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
Instructions To Cook Kung Pao Shrimp
To prepare a delicious and finger-licking Kung Pao Shrimp recipe, follow the below-mentioned steps and serve it within 30 minutes.
- Mix shrimp, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Let the mixture marinate for about 19 minutes.
- Take a skillet and heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and stir fry it for 2 to 3 minutes until it becomes pink.
- Detach the shrimp from the pan and let it cool down.
- In the same pan, add some oil and put onions in it.
- Fry the onions for about 2 to 3 minutes until they become tender.
- Add green and red bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the same for about 5 minutes until the vegetables become al dente.
- Add the sauce and cook the vegetables until the mixture thickens.
- Stir fry the shrimps for about one minute until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Place the cooked dish in a bowl and add green onions and peanuts as toppings.
And with this, your Kung Pao Shrimp recipe is ready to be served over a hot rice bowl. Try making this recipe for a perfect weeknight dinner, sleepover plans, or instant cravings. The combination of spiciness and sweetness satisfies the taste buds amazingly.
Nutritional Calculation Of Kung Pao Shrimp
One-time preparation of Kung Pao Shrimp yields four servings. Per serving has the following nutritional calculation
- Calories – 288 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 17 gms
- Protein – 23 grams
- Fat – 14 gms
- Saturated fat – 7 gms
- Sodium – 1931 mg
- Cholesterol – 215 mg
- Sugar – 7 gms
- Vitamin A – 1205 IU
- Vitamin C – 70 mg
- Calcium – 153 mg
- Iron – 3 mg
- Potassium – 376 mg
Tips To Make The Best Kung Pao Shrimp Today!
If you want to serve the best Asian-inspired Kung Pao Shrimp, keep the below-mentioned tips and tricks.
- Since it’s a stir-fry recipe, you can prepare the ingredients beforehand.
- Use fresh and thawed peeled shrimp and do not overcook them, or else they will become extra chewy.
- Add an extra flavor to the roasted dry peanuts and saute them in a clean pan, and they will come out extra crispy.
- The leftover fish can be stored in the refrigerator sealed in an airtight container for three days.
- Before serving the refrigerated shrimp, reheat it in a microwave or a pan.
- To make this keto, you can substitute the syrup with Lakanto Sweetener, soy sauce with coconut aminos, and replace cornstarch with arrowroot.
- You can even avoid one of the bell peppers to make it healthier.
- The shrimp can be replaced with beef or chicken according to the preference.
- You can even omit red pepper flakes if you do not like spicy food.
- To get the best taste of Kung Pao Shrimp, try serving it with quinoa, brown rice, cauliflower rice, or even spaghetti.
Other Asian Inspired Dishes That Can Get You Excited
The Asian-inspired dishes have a perfect combination of spiciness and sweetness. This blend, no wonder, brings out the best recipe one could ever taste. The formula of Kung Pao Shrimp is an example of a mixture of sweetness and tanginess, which can be served as a perfect dinner meal and a bowl of rice. Some other Asian inspired dishes that you must try to cook today are as follows:
- Beef and Broccoli
- Crispy Homemade Egg Roll recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Schezwan Green Beans
Reasons To Love The Recipe Of Kung Pao Shrimp
The recipe of Kung Pao Shrimp is best and loved by people of all groups because it is versatile, easy to cook, and much healthier than any appetizer. The ingredients required to prepare this dish are readily available in the pantry. Moreover, the method to cook it is hassle-free. The aromatics like garlic and ginger give the perfect aroma to the dish. No wonder this dish makes the best pair with other mentioned appetizers for sleepover plans, weeknight dinner plans and many more.
The Bottom Line
The Kung Pao Shrimp is an Asian-inspired dish readily available in any takeout. The combination of stir-fried shrimp with sauteed veggies gives a heavenly taste to the taste buds. Cooked in sweet and spicy sauce, Kung Pao Shrimp is very healthy as it has low carbohydrates. Try cooking this recipe today and satisfy your taste buds with something special. The ingredients for the substitutions are available in any grocery store.