Mango, the king of fruits, truly a treat to quench your sweet-sweet taste buds. Although, even mangoes can satiate your sweet tooth what if Mango and dessert were to be combined? Yes, you thought that right! Mango Pie, truly a blend of sweetness yet crusty crust. It’s a savoury combination of Mango’s sweetness and pie crustiness that without any shadow of doubt will satiate your sweet tooth for sure. So, are you ready to try some? Because we have curated some yummy and simple Mango Pie recipes for you below!
Simple and yummy Mango Pie Recipes:
- All-Purpose flour: 2 ½ Cups
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Butter, Chilled and chopped: 5 Tablespoons
- Vegetable Shortening, Chilled: 3 Tablespoons
- Ice Water: 10 Tablespoons
- Cooking spray
- Brown Sugar: 2/3 Cup
- Corn Starch: 3 Tablespoons
- Mango wedges: 4 ½ Cups
- Butter, Chilled and Chopped: 1 Tablespoon
- Fat-free milk: 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger, Crystallized and Chopped: 2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar: 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- First, start with the crust, take all-purpose flour into a dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, salt in instructed ratio and stir well with a whisk. Cut in 5 tablespoons butter and shortening and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water and stir at regular consistency until moist. Divide the dough into two equal portions and gently press each portion into a 4-inch circle on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Now unwrap the dough and place 1 portion chilled dough on a lightly floured surface and then roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Place the dough into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Now start with the filling, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar and Corn starch in a large bowl and whisk them together while slowly adding mangoes.
- Now add the mango mixture to prepare a pie plate. To do so, sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Place the remaining chilled dough portion on a lightly floured surface. Roll and fit the dough over the mango mixture. Once done, press the edges of the dough together. Cut the slits in top of the dough to allow steam to escape.
- As to prepare the topping, brush the dough with milk. Combine ginger and granulated sugar to sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Place pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet and let it bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Gradually reduce the oven temperature to 375° and bake the pie for an additional 30 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Let it cool when done before you gobble it up!
Peach Mango Pie Recipes:
- Ready-made flaky Pastry Sheet: 2 Pieces
- Egg, beaten: 1 Piece
- Mangoes sliced: 2 cups
- Peaches, sliced: 2 cups
- Sugar: 4 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon: 2 Tablespoons
- Flour: 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice: 1 Teaspoon
- Add peaches, mangoes, lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk them. And leave the oven to preheat for 5 minutes at 190 degrees.
- Place the pie pan with the first flaky sheet.
- Now add the fruit mixture in the lined pie pan.
- Slice strips of dough from the remaining pastry sheet to arrange them on top of the pie pan in a lattice pattern.
- Brush the top of the flour with beaten egg.
- Bake the pie in a 190C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Let the pie cool before you serve!
Jollibee Peach Mango Pie Recipes:
- Peach, chopped, Fresh or Canned: 1 Cup
- Mango, ripe: 1 Cup
- Peach syrup: 2 Tablespoons
- White Sugar: 3 Tablespoons
- Corn Starch, diluted in 2:1: 2 Teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Flour: 2 ½ Cups
- White Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Butter, Chilled and chopped: ¼ Cup
- Egg yolk: 1 cup
- Warm Milk: ½ Cup
- Egg white: 1 cup
- Cooking Oil: 1 Cup
- Corn Starch, diluted in 1:1: 1 Teaspoon
- Start with the filling, heat a pan over medium heat. Add and mix the peach, mango, syrup and sugar in a bowl and Cook for 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the salt and cinnamon, while slowly adding the Corn starch mixture, stir and cook until the sauce thicken. Set aside and let it to cool.
- Now take a large bowl and whisk flour, sugar and salt. Add the chilled butter and mix it thoroughly until it resembles a pebble-like or sand kind of texture.
- Add and mix the warm milk and egg yolk in a jug. Pour the egg mixture into the dough mix and beat it until a dough forms. Once done, transfer the dough into a clean flat surface, lightly floured and knead it manually for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and put inside the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Now divide the dough into two and flatten both the portions using a rolling pin. However, keep in mind that the dough should not be too thin when flattened. Cut the edges of the flattened dough to make it one large square and then divide it into four parts.
- Brush an egg white on the dough and then scoop-out about 2-3 tablespoonful of the filling to stuff it in the middle. Now fold the pastry dough over the filling and using a fork, push down the edges to seal.
- Once done, glaze each pie with the Corn starch mixture.
- Now heat a wide pan over medium heat with the cooking oil. Once the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the pastry for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Do the same for both sides.
- Remove the pie from the pan and drain excess oil.
- Allow the pie to cool for about 10 minutes or so, before serving
No-bake Mango Pie Recipe:
- Mango pulp: 2 Cups
- Cream Cheese: 250 g
- Gelatin: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: ½ Cup
- First, soften the cream. To do so, leave it at room temperature for about 20-25 minutes or so. Once the cream softens enough, beat it with a whisk.
- Now, heat 1/2 cup of water and add a sachet of gelatin and stir continuously as you add. Once the gelatin mixture is thick enough, set it aside until it reaches room temperature.
- Now add the mango pulp to the softened cream cheese and gelatin and blend them.
- Now pour the mango mix into the pie crust.
- Close the filled crust with a plastic sheet to avoid the formation of the icicles. Refrigerate the pie for about 6 hours.
- Slice the mango pie gently with a knife before you serve it.
So, that was some of the very yummy and easy Mango Pie recipes that we have curated for you. They are really simple and just in case if you are not much of a cook, to begin with, you can also make them without any worries. That’s right! And when you do, do let us know how they turn out, in the comments. We would love to know.