We bet most of you are fed up with having one of your most loved dishes- pizza, without feeling the overwhelming guilt of consuming innumerable calories. Yes, normal and cheesy pizzas which you either purchase from well-known brands have a calorie count that is sure to shock you to the very core. Frozen pizza is no good either. So, it is said to be best if you prepare some delicious pizza along with your most admired dessert at home.
The only problem is, of course, how can one prepare a pizza which tastes as good as Dominos but is extremely healthy at the same time. Luckily, today we are going to suggest a really helpful solution to this. We introduce to you a delicious Margherita pizza recipe which is really easy to make, does not require an overload of ingredients, is very nutritious and tastes like heaven on earth.
Margherita Pizza- A Very Healthy Take On The Restaurant’s Tasty Yet Unhealthy Pizza
This really fun-to-make homemade pizza is just what you need to spice up your regular evenings, or even occasional family gatherings. If you are hosting a small get together or even your little one’s birthday party, this dish is going to be the star of the show. The fact that the entire pizza, including the crust, is absolutely homemade and does not require more than a handful of ingredients is really impressive.
So, if you wish to know more about this really delicious Margherita pizza, make sure to read this article until the very end. We promise it will be worth it! Just keep reading and we assure you will love it!
- A pizza pan
- An oven
- A large mixing bowl
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- ¼ cup canned San Marzano tomatoes, blended to form a thick sauce
- 10 fresh basil leaves
Directions To Follow:
- Firstly, you are required to preheat the oven to a maximum temperature of 550F. Set the pizza stone, cast iron skillet and the pizza pan in the middle of the rack. Make sure to heat it for a minimum of thirty minutes.
- The next step will be to prepare the pizza dough, which contains no yeast. Also get hold of the toppings and get ready to assemble the pizza. The various toppings you can choose from depend completely on your choice. Some of the toppings may include your favourite types of cheeses, pepperoni, golden corn and so much more.
- Once you have done this, place the crust onto a pizza pan which you are going to use to slide the pizza onto the plane surface which you are currently preheating in the oven.
- Then, begin by spreading a thin layer of the blended sauce prepared as a sauce over the crust followed by distributing the toppings evenly.
- After that, gently slide the pizza onto the preheated surface and allow it to bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble and the crust has turned golden brown in colour.
- Take out the pizza, drizzle with some olive oil and add more toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Some Tips To Keep In Mind While Preparing Margherita Pizza:
- The most important thing to keep in mind while preparing this pizza is to preheat the oven to reach the maximum temperature.
- You must always preheat the pizza stone, cast iron skillet, pizza pan or inverted baking sheet (whichever you will be using) for a minimum of thirty minutes.
- Never use too much sauce as it can make your pizza crust soggy by penetrating its crust. Instead, just like the traditional way of preparing Margherita pizza, go for a single layer of sauce and make the most of it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1.How can I store the homemade Margherita pizza prepared?
You can store it by placing it in the fridge in a sealed plastic bag for a maximum of two days. You can also store the leftover dough by wrapping it up in plastic wrap in the shape of a ball for two months.
2. Can I use a cast iron skillet instead of a baking stone for preparing Margherita pizza?
Although it is more preferable to use a baking stone for a crispier crust, you can feel free to replace it with a cast iron skillet.
3. Does the dough of the homemade Margherita pizza contain yeast?
No, one of the most impressive facts about preparing this homemade pizza is that it does not contain yeast and is thus, absolutely healthy.