The Minestrone is a classic Italian soup prepared out of flavorful ingredients. It makes more of a perfect dinner recipe if you do not wish to go all innovative. The fact that you can add any seasonal vegetable to elevate this dish makes it more satisfying. A warm and nourishing pot of this hearty soup is all you need to relax. Also, filled with the depth of delicious flavour, this dish is super easy to prepare. So, you can elevate and customize this soup as you wish to, which makes it more desirable.
What Is The Minestrone Soup?
The Minestrone Soup is an earthy-flavoured broth made with a tomatoey broth and pasta. It is a simple concoction prepared using simmered veggies and beans. Also, the flavours of onion, celery, and carrots provide a kind of depth to this broth. So, during earlier times, people used to make Minestrone using leftover vegetables.
How Is Minestrone Soup Good For Your Health?
Minestrone is a great option to go for if you are on a diet. Since it contains the goodness of many veggies, you get the benefits of all in one. So, you can consider this soup to be one of the healthiest ones since it is full of nutrients.
1. The fibre present in leafy greens, veggies, and legumes provide many benefits. So, it helps in slowing down the process of gastric emptying and makes us feel full.
2. The detoxifying properties of this soup help in purifying the liver.
3. Potassium and Magnesium present in this soup help in discarding extra fluid. So, if this fluid gets accumulated in our body, it can cause swelling and fluid retention.
4. It restricts immediate hunger attacks, keeping the person satisfied at all times.
5. The fibres present in this soup help in promoting the regularity of the intestines. So, also helps in getting rid of harmful toxins as well as other wastes.
How Is Minestrone Soup The Best Amongst All Others?
1. This amazing Italian soup is super easy to make and does not consume much time as well as effort.
2. You can throw in any seasonal vegetable of choice. Also, it will still taste the same- delicious!
3. You can store it in the refrigerator and defrost it as well. There goes your tension of wasting the excess soup prepared.
4. You can prepare this soup at home. So, no need to waste your time going to the store and searching for the best soup for dinner.
How To Make The Most Amazing Minestrone Soup?
Preparing the famous Minestrone Soup is pretty easy and hazard-free. Since you do not have to look for ingredients that are hard to find, you can use the leftover vegetables also. So, this classic Italian soup is rich in fibre and minerals. This helps us in many ways.
The preferable pasta you can use is macaroni. You can also make use of smaller pasta shapes. So, if you want to go gluten-free, there are varieties of gluten-free pasta available on the market.
a. Onion- 3 cups (diced)
b. Carrots- 1 cup (peeled and chopped)
c. Garlic- 1 tbsp (chopped)
d. Zucchini- 1 small (diced). So, you can use green beans in their place.
e. Celery- 1 cup (diced)
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You will need olive oil for cooking the vegetables and drizzling them on top of the soup. It is important to get hold of a good quality extra-virgin olive oil. This is because the cooking oil will not add much flavour to the soup. So, the olive oil you drizzle in the end will make up for the taste.
4. Dry White Wine
This will add a whole lot of flavours and acidity to the soup. Also, since it is a classic soup, add dry white wine without a lot of oak or residual sugar.
5. Italian Seasoning
This should be store-bought as there is a large variety of seasoning blends found in stores.
6. Vegetable Broth
Go for a vegetable broth that does not contain chicken. This is because you are preparing vegan soup which does not taste bitter. If you want to turn this into non-vegan, feel free to use chicken broth.
7. Red Kidney Beans
Drain and rinse the kidney beans. So, if you want to go for a reduced-sodium diet. Also, find one with no extra salt added.
8. Canned And Peeled Tomatoes
This, along with the dry white wine, will add acidity to the soup. Look for canned diced Tomatoes.
You will add this in the end as it will work as a great pop of flavour.
10. Parmesan Cheese
If you are a huge cheese lover. Also, you will love grated Parmesan cheese on top of your soup.
Steps To Follow
1. Begin by taking a medium-sized saucepan and bringing the water to a boil. So, add the macaroni or pasta of your choice and cook it as per the instructions on the package.
2. Take a large saucepan and heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the onion and Garlic. Stir till the onion turns a little brown, for about 3 minutes. So, proceed to dd the other vegetables except for Zucchini along with salt. Allow it to cook till the veggies soften, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the wine and allow the mixture to cook and stir for about 1 to 3 minutes. Stop when you notice that most of the wine has evaporated. So, add the broth along with Zucchini and bring it to a boil on high heat.
4. Cook the vegetables until they turn tender, for about 4 to 6 minutes. Then add in the tomatoes, beans, and cooked macaroni. So, stir through the heat for about four other minutes.
5. Remove from the heat, and top with basil as well as grated Parmesan cheese. So, serve.
The Bottom Line
Minestrone soup is famous for its texture. Also, flexibility to add any vegetables you want. So, try it out and see the magic for yourself!