Nutella is a tempting and irresistible fusion of luscious roasted hazelnuts and delicious Cocoa with a very rich and heavenly spreading consistency. It is considered as every kids’ favourite and is enjoyed by adults too. Nutella can be eaten with a spoon, spread between two slices of bread, swirled into brownies, topped on a cupcake, melted into your steaming hot chocolate and in so many other delicious ways. It can serve as frosting for a cake or the filling of a croissant as well.
Given below are some delicious Nutella recipes which can make your daily snack time more delightful and fun!
Mouth-watering Nutella recipes to leave you craving
1. Velvety Hazelnut Pie
As alluring and tasty as this dessert sounds, it is super easy to make and does not require any hassle. This confection is perfect for serving at family gatherings. You can fill it with some steaming hot chocolate, and this ideal combination is enough to make your day!
1-1/4 cup Nutella, divided
1. 1 chocolate crumb crust, 9 inches
2. 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3. 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
4. 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Take a large bowl and beat cream cheese, 1 cup Nutella and confectioner’s sugar until the mixture is smooth. Then, fold in the whipped topping and spread the concoction uniformly into the chocolate crumble crust.
2. Warm the remaining Nutella for 15-20 seconds in the microwave, drizzle it over the pie, refrigerate overnight, or at least four hours.
2. Chocolate and Hazelnut ice-cream
This dessert is known to be the ‘kids special’ as it includes two of children’s most favourite food items- chocolate and ice cream. The addition of Nutella in this lip-smacking dessert is just like the cherry on the cake!
1. 1/2 cup Nutella
2. 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3. 1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4. 1/2 cup blanched hazelnuts, blanched and roasted
5. 1 cup whole milk
6. 2 large eggs
7. 1/2 cup sugar
8. 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a saucepan, whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until combined. Then, stir in the milk. Stir constantly over medium-low heat until the temperature, measured by a thermometer; reads reaches 160 degree Celsius.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add in the whipping cream and Nutella and whisk until it is smooth in texture. Then add the chopped chocolate and stir until it blends in the mixture. Press plastic wrap onto the surface of the custard and refrigerate overnight.
3. Transfer the custard to a cylinder of ice-cream freezer and freeze it according to the manufacturer’s directions. Add the roasted hazelnuts during the last two minutes of freezing.
4. Now shift the ice cream to containers and freeze for 2-4 hours.
3. Nutella Coffee Shake
This mouth-watering and succulent beverage is truly a mood-refresher, especially during the summer season! The goodness of coffee and the richness of Nutella is what makes this incredibly delicious.
1. 2 tablespoons Nutella
2. 4 teaspoons instant coffee
3. 1-1/2 cups milk
4. 3 tablespoons white sugar
5. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6. 2 cups ice cubes
7. Vanilla ice cream, for the toppings (optional)
1. Add milk, Nutella, sugar, ice, vanilla extract and ice cubes in a blender
2. Blend all the ingredients for at least 30 seconds or until the desired consistency has reached.
3. Transfer the shake into glasses. Top with vanilla ice cream and Nutella. Serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Nutella so tasty?
The delicious taste of Nutella comes from the richness of Cocoa and the roasted flavour of Hazelnuts.
It is a multi-purpose food item as it can easily be spread on anything. Nutella has the power of making any ordinary food item lip-smacking!
2. Can I mix Nutella with milk?
Of course! To mix Nutella with milk, you have to continuously shake the jar until the rich spread has evenly dissolved into the milk.
3. Is Nutella and banana healthy?
The combination of Nutella and bananas is excellent as it tastes delicious, and the presence of bananas gives the dish a healthy boost.